We started our weekend off with a trip down to Macy’s at Lenox to ride the Pink Pig. It is so cheesy, but I love it. And I think Zachary likes it too. He told me yesterday that he wishes he could go ride the Pink Pig again. So maybe we will have to see if we can find some time for that. We ended the day Saturday by meeting our good friends the Thomases back at Lenox for dinner. It was great to see them and catch up, and chat about our upcoming trips to Disneyworld this week (they will be leaving just about the time we get there). Yesterday I took Liam for his 9 month pictures. They were originally scheduled for last weekend, but he looked so pitiful (his eyes were all puffy, and his nose wouldn’t stop running) – I didn’t think that would make for very good pictures. I am glad I postponed them, because they turned out really cute. I also took Zachary for a haircut in the afternoon. He didn’t really need one yet, but it would have been about 3 weeks before we’d be able to go if I didn’t take him now, and I didn’t think he could wait that long. He likes going to get haircuts because the place we go to gives out Dum-Dums and prizes.
Oh – I almost forgot…on Saturday, we got home around 8:15 from dinner. Zachary is normally in bed by 7:45, so it was past his bedtime. He was actually doing OK (not too crabby or anything), but we decided to skip his bath and just go right for stories, and we’d do his bath the next morning. Around 6:00 yesterday morning, I hear those little feet running across the bedroom floor again. We always think it’s Herschel for some reason (even though he is confined to the laundry room with a baby gate). Well, it was Zachary, once again coming to tell us that he got out of bed because he needed to use the potty. I was still half asleep, and debating with myself of whether to be annoyed that I had been woken up or happy that he is getting the message that it’s OK to use the potty before he is officially out of bed. But then he told me that he was wearing big boy underwear – I flipped over and asked him if he had just put them on all by himself or if he had worn them all night. He was very excited to tell me that he had worn them all night. The first thing I did was reach down to see if his pj’s were wet – they were not. He then told me that he still needed to use the potty, so I told him to go to the bathroom and back to bed, which he did. Apparently in all the hurry of trying to get him into bed, Josh apparently forgot to put a Pull-Up on him. When I went into his room, I felt the bed, and it too was dry. Amazing! I think we’ll go with Pull-Ups at night for a little while longer, but that is definitely good to know that he can go all night.
And Liam has his 3rd tooth. He had none until a month ago, and now he has 3, with a 4th possibly on its way in. I kept feeling around the top, figuring the 2 in the middle ought to be the next ones in. I didn’t feel anything, but then Saturday morning Josh said he could feel a tooth – I reached in, and this tooth was pretty far out. I wondered how it could have gone from nothing to that so quickly, but then I realized – it was because I had been feeling in the middle. This was one of the ones next to the middle teeth. Those aren’t supposed to be next! We think the matching one on the other side may be about to come through as well. If it does, he is going to look like a jack-o-lantern till those 2 middle teeth come in. So needless to say, the last 2 night have been pretty sleepless for us. I'm still not sure how that 3rd tooth came in like that without him waking up all night like he has with the other ones.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment