Sorry for being a little out of touch the last few days! Zachary & Cameron had a great playdate on Saturday. SO great, in fact, that Cameron flung himself on the floor in tears when it was time to leave because he didn't want to go (even though his mom told him she'd take him to McDonald's for some chicken nuggets). On Sunday, when Josh got home, he peeked back in the "toy corner" of the living room - it was a disaster. He asked what had happened there, and all I had to say was "playdate." I was supposed to take Liam for 9 month pictures Saturday afternoon but he woke up from his nap with a non-stop runny nose, and puffy eyes. I decided that would not make for the best photos, so I postponed them. By Sunday Liam was about the same, and I wasn't feeling great either (cough getting worse). So we just camped out at home all day and didn't go anywhere. I called in sick yesterday & today (and both days have kept Liam home with me - even though technically he could probably go to daycare since he doesn't have a fever, but I thought I'd spare them from wiping his nose all day). I went to the doctor yesterday and they think it's just some sort of virus, which, of course, you can't treat. BOOO! Liam already had a pediatrician appointment scheduled (9 month visit), so that was helpful. He's got another ear infection (or maybe the same one, we're not sure). Funny though because he's actually been napping really well (about 3 hours in the middle of the day - in his crib) and sleeping well at night too. I would have thought that being sick he'd wake up more, especially with an ear infection. I am just hoping we are all better by the end of the month for our trip to Disneyworld.
Other than that, it has been pretty uneventful. Being home, I have finally had an opportunity to clear out some of the movies we had recorded during a free HBO preview weekend a few months ago. I've watched The Devil Wears Prada and License to Wed so far (and in the process of watching I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry).
Oh, and progress is being made on the potty front with Zachary. I think we may have finally broken through a wall with him as far as his whole not getting out of bed thing. Only, we now may have another problem. Yesterday he got out of bed, it was probably around 6:20 or 6:30 (in the morning...) to use the potty. Josh was downstairs getting some things ready for the day, and I was in the bedroom, when I heard Zachary at the top of the stairs. He hollered, "DADDY!! I got out of bed because I need to use the potty!!!" Um, OK Zachary - just go. :) So that was good, and Josh gave him a prize out of the surprise bag yesterday afternoon. Then this morning, at 6:00, I was still half asleep, but heard little footsteps run across the floor. I rolled over, and there is Zachary, standing by the bed. He says, "Mommy! I got out of bed again because I needed to use the potty!" Oh no. So, yay that he has finally started to understand that it is OK to get out of bed to use the potty, but oh no that he is coming to tell us each time. I heard Josh try to explain to him that he doesn't need to tell us right then - he can wait till we go in to get him up. He is so excited though. We had told him that once he does that all the time that he will get to wear his big boy underwear to bed, instead of his "Diego underwear" (pull-ups - we just call them "Diego underwear" so he doesn't think it's a diaper - they have Diego on them...). I heard him tell Josh this morning that he gets to wear big boy underwear to bed now. I'm thinking 2 nights isn't enough to be sure, but at least there is progress.
September Quotes
2 months ago
1 comment:
sorry you are sick. Me too...not a virus, but I have a cold that is no fun. Get better soon.
Post a Comment