I feel like today should be a productive day. No, not at work silly! At home. Of course, this is all assuming that everyone who promised to come to our house actually does. We’re supposed to have AT&T there this morning to install 3 new phone jacks. Then an appraiser is supposed to be coming later this afternoon in preparation for our refinance (we thought we were going to be able to get away with re-using the appraisal from last year’s refinance, but alas, the new lender is asking for a new one…). And Josh is going to be calling the hardwood installers to make sure they are all set to come tomorrow & put in our new wood floor. It will be exciting to come home tomorrow and have a new floor in the family room (but I’m not looking forward to the smell – my mom had some hardwood installed in a small area of her house 2 weeks ago and she told me this morning that the glue smell is just starting to not be there…nice! So if you call us this weekend and we are all high on glue, you’ll know why…).
Last night Josh was telling Zachary how nice it was that he had sung a Mommy song for me the other night, and he asked if he could maybe sing a Daddy song for him. Zachary said, “I’ll sing you a Daddy song on Monday.” Ha ha ha – way to procrastinate.
And update to yesterday – I decided to follow-up with boss after a meeting this morning. He actually seemed a little bugged that I was asking him, but hey – it’s been almost a week and I have no answer to a fairly simple question. Anyway, it looks like he has talked to his boss about it, but she now wants to run it by her boss. I mean, come on. I am asking for a 30-minute shift in my schedule. Not some crazy wacky alternative schedule. There is a woman in another group who ultimately reports up through boss’s boss’s boss (same guy), and she is working a 6:30-2:30 schedule. Now, if boss’s boss’s boss has a problem with 7:30-4:30, then I’m going to have a problem with that because how can you allow one person to work 6:30-2:30 (which is WAY more wacky than 7:30-4:30) and not allow another person a 30-minute shift so she can PICK UP HER KIDS…I guess I should know tomorrow. We’ll see. It is times like these when I really miss my old group. My boss in that group would have said yes as soon as I asked him, and there wouldn’t have been all this drama to get it approved.
September Quotes
2 months ago
1 comment:
Forgot to ask you about that at lunch...I HATE when people do that. It is like they are afraid to make a decision and such a small decision.....I wish I could get off at 2:30 but I can't get here at 6:30! My new location in OH they said I can work whenever I want :-)
Post a Comment