That is what they are having today in Zachary’s class. That is, if there are any kids left today after “Sickfest 2009” that took place there yesterday (3 kids in Zachary’s class and at least one kid in a different class – God help us all! One of Zachary’s teachers even told me that we should be afraid – that cannot be good…). Anyway, the main teacher had asked the parents to bring in one of your child’s favorite snacks to share with the class. Zachary has been in her class long enough to know that the boy loves food. So as soon as I saw that we were to bring in one of his favorite snacks (and she did emphasize “one”), I knew we were in trouble. I mean, how in the world were we supposed to pick just one??? I wanted Zachary to choose the snack that he was going to bring in, and here is the evolution of his decision: craisins, yogurt, yogurt tubes, yogurt tube popsicles (basically frozen yogurt tubes), cheesy crackers (Cheez-Its), craisins, cheesy crackers, craisins, cheesy crackers…So what did he end up with? Rainbow colored goldfish crackers. Josh & I just had to laugh because goldfish had never even been in the running! It wasn’t until he saw them at the store yesterday that he decided that’s what he wanted to bring. We don’t normally even buy those except for birthday parties (they’re kind of weird looking…), so it’s funny that those are what he is bringing to represent his favorite snack. Oh, and the other funny thing was originally the first thing he said was craisins – he had never even had those until Tuesday (Grandma gave him some as a snack while Josh & I were at the emergency room with Liam, and apparently he LOVED them). Guess it was love at first taste!
Yesterday I went to a sort of boutique consignment sale – I guess that’s how you’d describe it. I had heard about it from a friend last fall, and this was their spring sale. It’s new & gently used boutique type clothes (smocked things, nice brands, etc.). I got there and it actually wasn’t as big as I thought it would be. But I found a few things, and when I went to check out, the guy at the cash register asked me if I had shopped with them before. I told him sort of – that I had bought some things from them at the Mistletoe Market back in October but had never been to their actual sale. He said, “It’s a rush, isn’t it!!!” Um, yeah…a rush…sure! Really? A “rush”? It made me laugh. It was almost as if this guy thought I had never been shopping before. Or ever done anything remotely exciting (like zipline over the canopy in Mexico – now THAT is a rush!).
September Quotes
2 months ago
1 comment:
that is a weird comment to make. He must be way more impressed with the sale than you were!
Post a Comment