Friday, June 19, 2009

Funny Kid Moments

Since this is my last post for a while (don’t know if we’ll be able to pick up a wireless signal at the beach next week or not), I thought I’d leave you with some funny kid moments from this week.

Most days I get to the boys’ school to pick them up shortly after 5:00. Apparently it’s around that time when Liam’s class usually goes down to 4 kids left for the day. At that point, the teacher loads them up in the Bye-Bye Buggy (they only have a 4-seater). Liam LOVES the Bye-Bye Buggy. So many days when I get there, I find him on the front row of the Buggy having a great time. But there are other days when I get there and she still has 5 or 6 kids, so they are not yet on the Buggy. Monday when I got there, she had 5 kids. I got Liam & all of his stuff, and we headed for Zachary’s class. Once Liam left, she was down to 4 kids, so she lined them all up to head for the Buggy. Liam & I passed it on the way to Zachary’s class – he made a beeline for it & climbed up into his favorite seat and started to put the straps on! At this point the teacher & the remaining kids rounded the corner and to their surprise, Liam was all ready to go. Needless to say, he was NOT happy when I took him out.

Every day when we get home, the first thing I hear from Zachary is, “Mommy…can I have a snack?” as Liam heads to the fridge asking for milk. Most days it’s a very small snack, since they already had one afternoon snack, and we’re going to be eating dinner within an hour. The last couple of days Zachary has wanted a piece of cheese. A while back I talked about how Liam seemed to be a bit of a cheese snob, not wanting to eat yellow cheese like Josh. Well, seems the snobbery days are over, as Liam is now a fan of pretty much any kind of cheese. Yesterday was the same as every day – both kids heading straight for the fridge as soon as they walked in the door. Zachary helped himself to a piece of cheese, as Liam stood there rubbing his tummy (sign language for “please”) and saying, “Tee! Tee!” That’s Liam-speak for “cheese.” They ate their cheese and then sat down to watch Little Einsteins. When the show was almost over, Liam wandered back into the kitchen & he headed for the fridge. He grabbed the handle, began rubbing his tummy and saying, “Tee! Tee!” It was seriously the cutest thing he’s done in a while! He’d already had his snack, but Josh & I could not resist the cuteness, so we gave him another piece of cheese. However, when he asked for a 3rd piece, we had to tell him “All gone!”

Finally, I have to set up this last story with a video clip. Don’t know who watches SNL, but when Amy Poehler & Horatio Sanz were both still on the show, they used to do a very funny skit about a little girl named Kaitlin and what I assume is her step-father, Rick. Here’s a little clip of Kaitlin doing what she always does (there's a very short ad at the beginning, but then I've clipped the video right to the part I wanted to show - it's only about 20 seconds):


So this morning Josh was dropping them off. When they got to Zachary’s class, Josh told Zachary to tell his teacher where we are going tomorrow, and Zachary shouted, “THE BEACH!!!” Then he apparently began running in circles around one of the tables, Kaitlin style, and on each lap he would say things like, “The beach!” or “We’re going to the beach!” or some variation on that. Josh said that on his last lap he shouted, “My daddy got us crayons so we can color in the car!!” I wish I had video of all that, but the Amy Poehler video will have to do.

At any rate, I hope everyone has a good week next week! If we can get a wireless signal, I may try to post from the beach, but no guarantees. Heck, I usually can’t even get a cell phone signal, so I’m not holding my breath.

No comments: