This was a BUSY weekend for us. We left around 11am for Athens on Saturday – it was the boys’ first game this season. We wanted to get there in time for the Dawg Walk. Zachary is so funny – he’ll get all into something and then you realize later that he didn’t have a clue. We had a decent spot for the Dawg Walk. We put both boys up on our shoulders as the players came through so they could see better. If you’ve ever seen the Dawg Walk you know that they are not yet in uniform – they are just in black UGA t-shirts. So we’re cheering for the different players as they came by (the ones we recognized, anyway), and after they had all passed by, Zachary said, “When are the players coming through?” We even specifically pointed out Joe Cox & asked him if he saw him, and he said yes. Oh well. Then we ran into some friends & just hung out with them until we were ready to go in the stadium. On our way in we stopped by Uga’s car. He was sleeping & they had the crate closed, so we didn’t get a great view of him, but we did see him. We went into the stadium through an entrance under the bridge, so that we could take our traditional family picture in front of the hedges. We were standing across from one of the stadium camera guys, and we told the boys to wave to him. Next thing we knew Zachary was up on the jumbo screen! Now, this was about 45 minutes before kickoff, so probably nobody we knew was in the stadium yet, but it was fun. Then I had Liam wave at the guy, and they put him up on the screen too. I only wish I could have taken a picture of it – it’s always fun to see yourself or your kids up on that big screen! They were very excited about being at the game – Zachary had talked non-stop about Dippin Dots. We always get him some at the games, so that is what he associates with a Georgia game. They each ate a dish of the Dots, and cheered & clapped and had a good time. Until about the 4th quarter. That was when Liam started getting tired and a little cranky, and that was when the game took a wild turn, that made us realize that, once again, we were not going to be able to leave the game early (it’s a conspiracy, I tell you – they don’t want fans leaving early, so they are going to make every game come down to the last second!). We made it the whole game, and we were so proud of the boys for hanging in there.
Yesterday we went to church and then swimming lessons after church. They both actually fell asleep at naptime, which was why it killed me to wake them up early – but we had a birthday party to go to. Our sweet friend Case turned one and we were not going to miss the party! They had a fun time at the party, and then we went back home for ANOTHER party! It was my birthday dinner (a little belated). Every year for as long as I can remember my mom has made lasagna, garlic bread, and salad for my birthday dinner (it’s always my choice, but that is always what I choose). And then a chocolate cake from Rhodes Bakery – YUM!
Couple funny things from the weekend:
* Saturday morning we heard Liam coughing through the monitor. Then we heard his little voice say “Blass ooo!” He was blessing himself after coughing – it was so sweet.
* After the AJ Green touchdown towards the end of the game (the one with that STUPID celebration penalty), I was holding Zachary, and everyone was jumping up & down screaming. In the midst of all that Zachary said to me, “Did Georgia just win the game???” I said no, and he said, “Well then what just happened?” Bless his heart – remember how I said he can be clueless?
* When we got home, Josh wanted to re-watch that play & the penalty just to see what happened since that TD was scored in the opposite end zone from where we are. As we’re watching, the TV camera panned across the crowd, and I said, “Call me crazy but is that you??” We had to back it up a few times, but sure enough, there we were on TV! Don’t ask me how I spotted us, but I did.
* Yesterday morning I was still in bed trying to wake up when I heard Josh go into Liam’s room (monitor). I heard Liam say, “Teeky diaper!” (translation: “stinky diaper”). And turns out, he actually DID have a stinky diaper! I was pretty impressed. We are not really close to thinking about potty training yet, but hopefully this is a good sign that he already understands and recognizes when he has a stinky diaper.
* Liam gets very excited when he sees a bus – in fact, he shouts out “BUS!” whenever he sees one. Yesterday we were walking into church, and we saw the little bus that shuttles people from one part of the church campus to another part. Liam did his obligatory “BUS!” and then he said “Round and round!” Just like the wheels on the bus! It’s amazing when you realize that things you do & say are actually sticking.
September Quotes
2 months ago
3 comments:
I didn't know they had dippin dots at the games!! I love dippin dots. That's gotta be worth the $100+ bucks it would've cost me to go, right?!!
Oh yes - $5 gets you a tiny dish of them! And for like $9, you can get them in a mini UGA helmet! (thankfully we were able to convince Zachary that we do not need any more mini helmets...he tried to tell us that 3 wasn't enough, but we convinced him that 3 is plenty)
what is it about buses and little kids...when Ariyana was here I swear her favorite part was when we rode the bus from the Air Force museum to the Air Force One planes on the base....she kept saying "ride bus?" She also liked the monkeys at the zoo but that one makes much more sense....
Post a Comment