Friday, November 6, 2009

Long, Busy Week

That pretty much sums up the last 5 days (and is also trhe reason I haven't posted since Sunday). I'm managing about 6 or 7 projects at work right now, and major events happened with about 5 of them this week. That almost never happens. To make it worse, I had to fly to LA yesterday for focus groups last night. When I booked my flight I decided I didn't want to spend the night there and then waste the whole day coming back home, so I booked the red-eye flight back home. It sucked, but was worth it. Although Delta over-sold the flight (surprise!) and were offering people hotel & meal vouchers plus $600 to wait until the first flight this morning. If I didn't REALLY want to just get home, I would have done it. I made it back, and took a nap and then just did some stuff around the house this afternoon (as well as a little work).

Liam's vocabulary is growing so rapidly that it even surprises me. We have a baby shower invitation on the fridge, and tonight he looked at it and said "Baby shower!" ??? I guess Josh taught him that, but what kind of 20-month-old says "baby shower"? He is really like a little parrot - he's at the point where we really only have to tell him something once, and he will repeat it. Not just once either - he will say it days later, so we know it's sticking. He is always doing things that make his teachers laugh too. Apparently he knows everyone's cup in his class. They said one day that one of the moms arrived to pick up her son, and Liam went to their little fridge, opened it up, grabbed the boy's cup, and handed it to his mom. He also knows everyone's jackets too. He must just have an amazing little memory.

Not much else funny to report on. Although I did order some things off of Amazon recently. Zachary loves the "If You Give..." books. We have "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie", "If You Give a Pig a Pancake", "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake", and "If You Take a Mouse to School". So I decided to get him "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" and "If You Give a Pig a Party" for Christmas. A box arrived yesterday from Amazon. It was HUGE - I thought everything I had ordered must have been in that one box (although all I ordered was 2 books and 3 DVDs, so it was even way to big for that). I opened it up and all it was was the moose book. But not just any moose book - the world's biggest copy of "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" - this thing was seriously poster size! I'm like what in the world is this??? There is no bookcase big enough for this book. So, it will be going back. Guess I'll just check in a "real" store for the book. Josh keeps laughing about the size of that book every time he sees the giant box they sent it in.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

hee hee hee... You ordered a BIG book! That's what they use in kindergarten and first grade a lot. :) Not all books that are read in K and 1 are that big, but they use them the most. hee hee...

Rebecca said...

Well, the weird thing was I went back to the item to see if it had said "Big Book" - and nowhere in the description did it say that it was enormous. Oh well. Now I'm just hoping that I don't get shipping deducted from my refund, because I had gotten free shipping on the order.