Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bye Bye Nursery

Today was painting day for our mini Extreme Makeover Home Edition in Liam's room. Josh even went out & bought a mattress & box spring so that we can also commence in converting the crib to a real bed. And, I have to give props to Mattress Firm. I didn't really care what kind of mattress - I'm not going to be sleeping on it. So I trusted Josh to pick out something that was at least mildly comfortable. He got a great quote at Mattress Firm (that was under the pretty cheap limit I had sort of lightly imposed). We did spring for delivery - I was not really interested in strapping a full-size mattress & box spring to the top of our car in the rain just to save $69. To my surprise, they do same-day delivery! I was just hoping they could bring it by Monday since Josh is off. They gave us a delivery time between 6pm-9pm. I figured they'd come right in the middle of bedtime. Again, to my surprise, they showed up at 6:00 on the dot. Wow! That never happens! Anyway, I did get some before pictures, and once the bed has been built and we get the room all put back together, I'll take some after pictures & post them for everyone.
I also figured now that it's warming up, it's time to share some pictures from last week's great blizzard.

Zachary & our Christmas tree (waiting to be recycled - it has since been removed)


Liam showing me his wet mitten.


Snow angel?


Hot chocolate mustache


This is what happens when a 22 & 1/2 month old drinks hot chocolate...


We have also had an entertaining last couple of days with Zachary dipping foods into things. Last night he asked for some vanilla ice cream after dinner. Josh gave him a little dish of it. He still had his dinner plate on the table, which included a dish of ketchup that he had used to dip his hamburger into. Next thing I know, he's dipping a spoonful of ice cream in the ketchup! He dipped several more times - until he ran out of ketchup. Ewwwww! Just when I thought it couldn't get any grosser he comes up with another doozie today. We got Zaxby's for lunch. Josh gave Zachary the little container of Zaxby's sauce to dip his chicken & french fries into. After he had finished, he asked for some cantelope. Josh put some on his plate, and then...it was almost in slow motion...his little fork stabbed a piece of cantelope & then dunked it into the Zaxby's sauce. Double ewwwwww! So, in case you were wondering, apparently Zachary will eat ANYTHING!

No comments: