Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Growing Up

Liam turns 2 in 33 days, and we have already begun the process of transforming the nursery into a big boy room a little earlier than expected. We waited until right after Zachary turned 2 before we did this with him, but given Liam’s tumble out of the crib around new years, we thought it was probably time – before he does it again & we’re not right there when it happens. I’m a little sad about this. For the most part, the nursery still looks the same as it did 5 years ago when we painted it before Zachary was born. We got new bedding for the crib before Liam was born, and added a couple of new things to the walls, but other than that, the room is the same. When it came time to move Zachary into a big boy bed, we converted our guest room into his big boys room, and kept the nursery as is (anticipating that we would be welcoming #2 at some point). But now we are out of bedrooms, so as we start the process of moving Liam into a big boy bed, it’s time to say goodbye to the nursery. It’s sad because it means the boys are growing up & there are no more babies in the house, but I’m excited about the transformation and giving Liam a room that I think he will enjoy spending time in. This is the bedding we bought – it arrived yesterday from Pottery Barn Kids.



He likes fire trucks, so we thought that would be a cute theme for the room. I can’t seem to find any pictures of the nursery on our Shutterfly site, so I’ll try to remember to take before & after pictures. We plan to paint this weekend, and then hopefully get a mattress & box spring on Monday so we can go ahead & convert the crib to a bed in the near future.

Liam’s transition to his new class is going very smoothly. He loves it in there! I think part of it is all the new, exciting toys they have, but I know he really likes the teachers too, and there are some old friends who moved up a few months ago that he is now back with again. He has also been eating more veggies lately, which we are SO happy about. And he is FINALLY getting 3 of the 4 last teeth that most kids get around the time they turn one. His “vampire” teeth. 3 of the 4 of them are officially poking through, so maybe within the next month or 2 he will finally have a fully toothed smile.

1 comment:

Drena said...

I LOVE the bedding! I know it is bittersweet to turn the room. You could always just have/adopt more babies!