This past week was a little crazy. Josh was out of town for most of it - he left Tuesday afternoon & arrived home late Thursday night. So that left me alone with the kids for 3 afternoons/evenings and 2 mornings. We somehow survived! It's amazing how good the boys will be when we are one parent down. The only issue I had was Wednesday evening - all kinds of creepy stuff happened. The little potty in the downstairs bathroom started to since - twice - all by itself. I turned it off so it wouldn't keep doing it. Then a chair fell over, also all by itself. One of my co-workers asked me if my house was haunted. Now, I'm not saying I necessarily believe in that, however, even if I did, I don't see how our house could be haunted, given that it's only 7 years old, and we are the original owners. It would have to be some random ghost that just showed up, and I just don't know about that. So it was weird, and after beeing creeped out a bit, I went to bed.
Josh decided the perfect "welcome home" treat would be a trip to Menchie's on Friday. Yum! We love that place...Then yesterday morning Zachary had karate graduation. It was the first "real" graduation we've been able to attend, and it was pretty cute. They brought the kids out by age group/class level (there were only 4 kids in Zachary's group), and each group did a technique demonstration, and then they received their new belts. Zachary got hos novice green belt, and he is SO excited since green is his favorite color. There were also a couple of demonstrations from some older kids (teenagers, actually) - one guy demonstrating the nunchucks and a girl who flipped and twirled this long, pointy pole. She had quite the "karate face", and let's just say I would not want to cross her in a dark alley. With Liam napping so late on weekends (sometimes until 3:30 or 4:00), we often get kind of a late start whenever we want to go to the pool, and then we are rushed so we can get back in time to fix dinner. So we decided last night that we were going to run to Publix & get some subs and eat dinner at the pool. This was probably one of the better ideas we have had. The kids LOVED it! We swam for about 45 miuntes, then ate our food. Then we sat for a few minutes, but the boys just did not understand the concept of letting your food settle, so we got back in, but we told them no jumping or underwater swimming for a little bit - only floating. We swam for another 45 minutes or so (we were there for about 2 hours, which I think is the longest we've ever stayed). It was perfect! By the time we got home the boys were pooped (Zachary even admitted so, and he NEVER admits to being tired!). Even I was pooped. We may do that some Thursdays this summer (Josh works from home on Thursdays, so he's obviously home earlier on that day than he is any other day of the week). But the boys were like little fish in the water - jumping in, Zachary dove for rings, swimming all over the place...Swimming lessons are finally paying off, and I told Josh that if we stick with the lessons throughout the rest of the year and then start back in January next year, I think Liam could be swimming on his own by next summer.
Then this morning we were in the car on the way to church. I realized as we were pulling into the parking lot that we had left the diaper bag at home (hope Liam didn't have a messy diaper during church!) and we also forgot an extra diaper to put on him after swimming lessons. We were pondering a quick trip to a nearby Kroger for an emergency pack of diapers when all of a sudden Liam threw up all over himself. I had barely had time to react when he did it again. Suddenly our lack of extra diapers became irrelevant, as we rolled down the windows and went back home (our 2nd last minute abandonment of church in 2 weeks). Amazing how Zachary sat in that car seat for about 3 years and we never had to take the cover off to clean it, and now we're washing it for the 2nd time in 4 months thanks to Liam. So it's been a morning of pedialyte & bread for him, while my mom came over & took Zachary to swimming lesson (since Josh has headed out to play in our neighborhood golf tournament). We put Liam down for his nap around 12:15 and he was asleep within 5 minutes. I expect him to have a nice looooong nap today.
September Quotes
2 months ago
2 comments:
Never heard of Mechie's. May have to check that out.
Sorry - that should be Menchie's. It's frozen yogurt. Self-serve (like, a dozen different flavors) and about a gazillion toppings!
Post a Comment