We had a BUSY weekend! It started Friday night – Josh and I went to Maggiano’s because the pasta deal is back! (for $12.95 you get one pasta dish for dinner, and another dish wrapped up to go – AWESOME!) Saturday morning Josh’s mom & I headed up to a consignment sale at a church near my house. They have it twice a year. It’s not that big, but I like it because I can get in & out, and now feel overwhelmed. And I usually come out of there with an armload of stuff. This trip was no exception. After the sale, we all headed to the karate studio for Zachary’s graduation. He was getting his new belt, and this time he was finally getting a solid color belt – gold. He did great in the ceremony! They have each class come out & demonstrate the skills they’ve been working on for that cycle, and he did a really good job. Here’s a picture of him with his new gold belt.
After karate we grabbed some lunch at Chick-fil-A, and headed to North Park in Alpharetta for Touch-a-Truck. Touch-a-Truck is normally in Alpharetta in April, but I guess it got rained out this year (I do remember it was raining that day so we didn’t go), so we were excited about getting a 2nd chance. It started off OK…the boys were kind of picky about what they wanted to go in – Liam wanted to go in the “PUS truck” (aka, UPS truck), and Zachary wanted to go see the garbage truck (I was a bit disappointed that they did not bring a shiny clean one like they normally do…this truck was giving off a stench of garbage over the whole event…ewwww!). Nobody wanted to see the police cars or ambulance, but they did want to see the fire truck.
But then it all went south. Zachary wanted to go in the video game truck. It’s basically a trailer that has been tricked out on the inside with flat screen TVs, couches, etc., and all these different video games. As you can imagine, there was a VERY long line for this truck, and it looked like it might rain any second, so we were trying to get to as much as we could before it started to rain. He wasn’t happy, but we finally got him to move on. Then he wanted a balloon animal. Again, a VERY long line, and we could tell they were getting tired. I guess this was just one “no” too many for Zachary because he began code red meltdown mode. It was UGLY. We had to leave, and that made him even madder. We got in the car but he refused to buckle his seatbelt, so we told him we couldn’t leave until he buckled. Even Liam was telling him to stop crying and buckle his seatbelt! After what seemed like about 10 minutes of sitting there, he finally buckled up and we went home. I think we only saw about 4 trucks…it was disappointing, but at least it was free. As quickly as the meltdown came on, it was over, and we headed to the pool when Liam woke up from his nap, and we finished up the afternoon with some Rock Band on the Wii.
Yesterday we went to church in the morning, and for the first time in a long time we were able to just go home for lunch since we didn’t have swimming lessons. I’m sad that they’re over just because they closed the location, but I’m still holding out hope that they’ll find a place so they can open their own pool in our area so we can start back up again. We decided to try Swallow at the Hollow for dinner last night, and oh my YUM! It was really good. We will definitely be back. Our only mistake was that we decided to eat outside since it wasn’t too hot. It was fine at first, although the mosquitoes were bugging us a bit, but once the food came the flies attacked. We had to eat with one hand and shoo flies with the other. Liam kept saying, “There’s a shoo fly on my turkey!”
And finally, here’s a picture from Liam’s first day of school last week. He had a great week! I think the biggest things they are working on right now with him is being patient when he needs help, and going #2 on the potty. But I think he’s fitting right in, and he hasn’t said a word about his old teachers or friends, so that makes me feel better about all of this, that he doesn’t seem to miss them at all.
*note: all pictures in this post were taken with my phone, so please excuse the relatively poor quality!
September Quotes
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment