Friday was a bittersweet day. It was sad saying goodbye to the boys' teacher at the school we've been at for the last 3 years, and I thought I night get teary-eyed as they each hugged all the kids who were still in their classes at the time I picked them up. We all held it together (and thankfully the owner was not there at the time, so I didn't have to pretend to be sad about saying goodbye to her). We were leaving what was familiar (and the only people & place that Liam has ever known) and moving on to something unknown. We packed up all their stuff and left for the last time.
But it was kind of a relief even by the time we got home. It's exciting starting something new, and with Zachary going to a new school it really was the perfect time for Liam to start something new too. Saturday morning we went to Liam's new school for a breakfast social. We had to laugh about the fact that they have stressed that if we send a homme lunch that it should have all 4 food groups in it, but the breakfast options on Saturday consisted of donuts, bagels, coffee, and OJ. The teachers were all there, so we had an opportunity to chat with Liam's teacher some more, which was nice. We also hoped to be able to meet the education Director but she wasn't there. We wanted to meet her, because we figured out that she was my teacher for 3 years back when I went to a Montessori School! The owner & Liam's teacher both thought that was really cool when we told them - hopefully we'll get to meet her at some point (I keep saying "meet" - I mean, I guess techically I've already met her, but I was between 3-5, so I don't really remember too much).
After the breakfast we went to the mall to buy the boys new outfits to wear on their first days of school. I'll be posting Liam'spic soon - Zachary's will come in 2 weeks. After Liam woke up from his nap, the boys, my mom, & I went to the pool while Josh went to the airport to pick up his mom. We ended the day with dinner at one of our favorite local places, the Olde Blind Dog. It's a really authentic Irish Pub near our house, and the food is pretty good too. After dinner, we went to Menchie's for dessert. That's becoming a tradition - going to Menchie's after the Olde Blind Dog.
After church and swimming lessons today, we spent the rest of the day gathering Liam's stuff together for his first day tomorrow. I'm not really that nervous. He did really well during the 2 sessions last week where we dropped him off. He has visited the new school enough that whenwe go there he's familiar with it, but I don't think he fully gets that he's not going back to the old school anymore. Today I asked him if his teacher asks him to sit on the potty if he going to do it, and he said, "Yes, Miss Coty is my teacher! And Miss Angela!" (those were his old teachers...). But, I don't think it will take him very long to forget those old teachers.
Meanwhile, Josh's mom is here to stay home with Zachary this week & the first part of next week. He is so excited about his "staycation"! She bought him the 80's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, so I think the first thing they are going to do tomorrow is watch that movie - he is SO excited! I think there may be pool time on the docket as well. We've also arranged a sort-of playdate with one of his friends who also left the old school this week. His mom is a teacher so they will both be home this week too. We'll have a car available to Josh's mom on Tuesday, so I think they are going to meet Peyton & his mom at the movie theater (How to Train Your Dragon). And who knows what the rest of the week holds!
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment