Showing off the Batman backpack
Walking to the bus stop
Waiting for the bus
Waiting with our neighbor Devin
When the bus finally arrived, it was PACKED! We were at the 3rd stop on the route (out of 3), and I could not believe how full it was. There were 3 kids to a seat! We found out that his friend William is on his bus, which is fun, especially since William is also in his class.
I had been talking to our neighbor (Devin's mom) and she had told me that she was planning on going up to the school after the kids got on the bus. I had not planned on doing that, but I decided Sunday night that I should let Zachary decide - good thing too, because he said he wanted me to come. So I ended up catching a ride up to the school with our neighbors, and we happened to get there right as the bus was letting off. I was able to walk Zachary down to his classroom & take some pictures of him as he got settled.
Zachary & his friend Lilly from his old school
Zachary & his friend William from his old school
Zachary & his friend Seth from his t-ball team
Zachary & Mrs. Jones
Despite the look on his face, he had a great first day! When I picked him up he said, "And Mommy, I only had to sit in the thinking chair once!" The thinking chair is basically time out...I guess I'd rather him sit in the thinking chair than the principal's office! Apparently he was being loud - and apparently Mrs. Jones doesn't really like loud, because Zachary said another boy got sent to the thinking chair today for being loud & not raising his hand. She means business!
And I already have homework too! I signed up for some of her at-home volunteer activities, and I already have my first project - rhyming wheels. If you're a teacher, you may know what this is...I had no idea. There are 14 different wheels that I'll have to make, and I need to make 24 of each one. Now that's a lot of wheels! She needs the first 2 by "early September" and the next batch by "early October". So at least they are somewhat spread out.
His first 3 days have been great. He hasn't had to go back to the thinking chair since the first day, and yesterday they all got little stuffed colts with a school t-shirt on them as prizes for correctly naming a penny as well as its value. On Monday he found out that his class has PE with Cameron's class, and today his class had PE with Peyton & Shea's class. So that is fun that he gets to see those guys during the day, and he's got 3 friends from his old school in his class, plus one boy from his t-ball team. I think that has really helped. And he has also enjoyed his first few days of Prime Time, the after school program, which is run by the YMCA. His friends William & Shea are also in Prime Time, so he has enjoyed that.
What he has NOT enjoyed was the little girl in his class (he wasn't sure what her name was) who "bothered" him all day - apparently she kicked his feet under the table at lunch and pinched his butt in PE. We told him that means she likes him, which thoroughly confused him. Aaahhh...kindergarten love!
No comments:
Post a Comment