What happens when you can't decide whether to have pizza or chicken fingers for dinner? Chicken Parm Pizza, that's what! I saw a similar idea in a magazine and we had to try it. Of course you can really make this however you prefer to make pizza, but here is how we do it.
Ingredients:
One ball of pizza dough from the Publix bakery
1 jar of pizza sauce (we used Kroger brand, Traditional flavor)
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
Herbs (we used garlic powder, basil, oregano, and rosemary)
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese
1 lb of fresh chicken fingers (we used Publix ones because they're soooooo good!)
Directions:
Follow directions on the bag of dough (I believe it says to remove it from the fridge about an hour before cooking). Once it's done rising & doing it's doughy thing, flatten it, stretch it, pull it, toss it...do whatever you need to do to get it all nice & flat. We made ours on a pizza stone, so before we laid the dough out on the stone, we brushed the stone with some olive oil. Once we had the dough all stretched out, we placed it on the stone. Next, we brushed the raw dough with a little more olive oil. For this latest pizza we even brushed the edges of the crust with some homemade garlic herb butter we had in the fridge. Then I dusted it with a little parmesan cheese.
After the dough is prepped however you like it, stick it in the oven - naked! - for 15-20 minutes (I believe it baked at 400...just follow the directions on the bag). We have found it you try to top this dough before baking it, it never gets fully cooked in the middle.
When the dough comes out of the oven, it's time for topping! Start with the sauce - we used the whole jar, but we like it saucy. Use however much you like. After the sauce, we sprinkled the mozzarella cheese on top - again, use however much you like, but we used an entire 2 cup bag. After the cheese, we put some herbs on - basil, oregano, garlic powder, rosemary...I didn't use a ton, but enough to sort of give it that chicken parm flavoring. Finally, you're ready for the chicken - cut the chicken fingers into bite-size pieces and scatter on the pizza. I think last time we made it I used all but 2 of the chicken fingers - it was about a pound to start with. Use however much you like. And just for good measure, I sprinkled a little more parmesan cheese on the top.
Finally you're ready to finish baking. Depending on how long you baked the crust the first time, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes (for a total of about 30 minutes of baking time) until the cheese is nice & melty.
And there you have it - chicken parm pizza!
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment