Monday, November 8, 2010

Random Thoughts

We had another busy weekend.  We took the boys to their 5th Georgia game of the season - that is definitely a record!  Normally they only get to go to about 1 or 2 games, but I guess since Georgia isn't that good this year, all the games are early, which means we can take them with us.  It was COLD!!  We made it almost to the end of halftime, but by that point we were cold, and Liam was fighting a nap (he fell asleep at the last game, but just wouldn't do it this time).  As soon as he started hissing & growling, I knew it was time to go.  And with the score being 41-0, that made it an easy decision.

On Sunday we had some friends over for dinner.  They have 2 daughters - the oldest is about a week older than Liam, and the youngest is about 9 months old.  It was madness at times, but a lot of fun.  We always laugh when we think about the "playdates" we had when Liam & Alayna were newborns, just laying on the floor together, and now they are running toddlers with very loud voices!

Over the weekend Zachary had mentioned having a sore throat, but he didn't make a big deal out of it, so I didn't think much of it.  But then this morning around 8:30 we got a call from the nurse at his school saying that he had come in complaining of a sore throat, and he had a slight fever.  After talking to him (he sounded SO pitiful!) and asking him if he could stick it out or if he wanted me to come & get him (he said that he didn't want to spread germs), I left work and went to pick him up.  I took him to the doctor, and they did a strep test, which came back positive.  So he had a nice day of McDonald's for lunch, laying on the couch watching Wall-E, and a popsicle for a snack.  He'll have to stay home again tomorrow, but it will be Josh home with him since he's working from home.  I'm sure there will be another movie in there somewhere, and who knows what else!

Most days when we pick Liam up, there is a small slip of paper in his lunchbox that tells how long of a nap he took, as well as any notable things from the day.  Today's note said the following:

"We had a good day, enjoyed the warmer weather.  Funny note - another child put his jacket hood on, andd Liam - very matter-of-factly - told him he 'didn't need a hood because we are not in Canada'"

Silly boy!  I have no idea where he got that from - I can't specifically recall mentioning anything lately about Canada's weather...so weird!  He makes me laugh every day.

No comments: