Couple of funny things that I wanted to make sure & get down before I forgot.
Today on the way home, I said something to Zachary about "I assume...". I forget what I was talking about, but Zachary then says to me, "Well Mommy - you know what happens when you assume, right?" I said, "No, Zachary, tell me what happens when you assume." At this point I was a little afraid of what he was going to say (anticipating the typical response to that question). He says, "You'll probably get the answer wrong." Right...Whew.
Tonight was First Grade Spirit Night at our local Shane's Rib Shack. It's fun - the first grade teachers bring the food out to the tables, and the kids love getting to see their friends all in one place. It was also the first chance we'd had to meet his math & reading teachers, so that was nice. Anyway, as we were waiting on our food, I asked Zachary if there were any kids from his class there (ones I didn't know). He got all weird, and said that there was someone sitting in the booth behind him. I asked him who, and he said Kinley. But he kept getting this weird look on his face. Then out of nowhere, Kinley appeared right by our table, right next to Zachary. Zachary got super weird at this point - as if at any minute Kinley was going to strike with her girl cooties. She left and went back to her table, and I asked Zachary why he didn't just say hi instead of being all weird. He didn't have an answer, so I told him that just because you say hi to a girl doesn't mean you have to marry her. Unless you want to marry her. Just teasing him a little bit. Then Liam says, "Daddy married mommy!" At this point I decided to tease a little more, so I said, "That's right - and do you know why Daddy married me? He had to, because he said hi to me. True story." Zachary's eyes got really big for a second, until he realized I was teasing. I keep wondering at what point will it not be so weird just to say hi to a girl. He doesn't have to be best friends with them - he just needs to have a little more mojo around them.
At dinner at Shane's tonight, I was telling someone how stubborn Liam is. To which Liam responded, " I. AM. NOT. STUBBORN!" Come to find out later that he had no idea what "stubborn" means.
September Quotes
2 months ago
1 comment:
Around 12 he will figure out girls aren't all bad!
Post a Comment