Thursday, August 15, 2013

First Day of School

Monday was the boys' first day of school.




Liam seemed excited and they actually cooperated for pictures before heading to the bus stop.










Then it happened - as he got closer to the bus, he froze in the street.  He wouldn't budge.  I was nudging him from behind, trying to tell him that it was OK.  Other neighbors were trying to be encouraging too.  But nothing.  He just stopped in the doorway and wouldn't go any farther.  Eventually, I had to get on the bus and lift him in and put him in a seat.  It definitely wasn't how I envisioned his first day going.

I had promised him that I'd meet him in the classroom.  I debated if that would be a good idea after what happened with the bus, but I decided I needed to go because I had promised.  I decided that breaking my promise would be worse.  To my delight, when I got to the classroom, he looked as happy as can be!  There was no sign that he had been upset at all.  I think he's going to have a good year!





No comments: