Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Other May Events

We had a few other events and activities in May that I only had pictures on my phone from, and wanted to make sure to include them.

On 5/17, after Zachary's all-star double-header and Liam's last game, we headed over to my mom's house, because Josh, Zachary, and I were signed up to run in the Loco Glo 5K in Kennesaw.  I have accepted the fact that I will never be a fast runner, but we finished, and we ran more of this race than any other race.  I was thinking it in my head as we ran, and Zachary was the first one to say anything about it - so at least he noticed it too!  After the race, we went back to where all the booths were - the guys headed right for the Ippolito's booth, where they had pasta and garlic rolls.  Check out the size of Zachary's roll - it's as big as his head!




On 5/22, the day before the last day of school, Josh was out of town.  I didn't really feel like cooking dinner, so we headed to downtown Alpharetta for the food truck night.  So fun!



Over Memorial Day weekend, we decided to re-paint the bathroom.  This really started because their mostly white non-washable shower curtain was getting a bit grungy.  I figured it would probably be easier to replace the shower curtain than to dry clean it.  Liam & I picked out a navy & white rugby stripe curtain (washable!) at Target, so I thought navy and light gray would be nice for the walls.

Bathroom before...



Bathroom after...



There are a couple of small "accessories" I've ordered, but other than that, it's done.  I'm loving the new look!  On Memorial Day, we took our first trip back to Menchie's since they temporarily closed back in January.  We're so happy they are back!


We went to the pool several times over Memorial Day weekend, but the boys could not wait for our first dinner at the pool of the year, so we did that last Tuesday.  This is one of their favorite things, but we only got to do it once or twice last year because it was either cold or rainy last summer.  Here's hoping to lots of warm, sunny evenings this summer so we can have more dinners at the pool!


 This past Wednesday, Liam and I had a late-night trip to the ER at CHOA.  He hadn't been feeling good earlier in the day, and fell asleep before dinner.  He woke up, and I talked him into taking a bath.  When he got out of the bath, I noticed what looked like lots of mosquito bites, mostly on his butt cheeks (I'll spare you the photo - yes, I took one).  Some were about the size of a pea, and some were bigger than a quarter.  We called the pediatrician's office, and the on-call nurse suggested we go to the ER.  It turned out to be hives, but they have no idea what might have caused them.  It could be food, heat, soap, virus...any number of things.  We couldn't pinpoint anything that changed, so I'm thinking maybe virus.  Who knows.  They were completely gone by the next day, with no sign that they had ever even been there.  So strange!



Once again, Zachary got all A's both semesters this school year.  Last year they sent him a certificate saying he made the Principal's List.  This year we got a sticker.  I don't think I'll put it on my car, but it's kind of fun to have anyway.  We're so proud of him!


And here is Zachary in all his new catcher's gear - how cute is he??  But just to clarify - he will wear pants on the field.  He was just opening presents in his pajamas that morning.  But I think it's a nice look for warmer weather.

No comments: