Zachary has a little buddy named Cameron. Cameron’s family used to live on our street, but they moved a couple of years ago. They didn’t go far (they moved to a neighborhood about 1 mile up the road), and Zachary & Cameron go to the same school (they’re not in the same class right now, although we’re hoping that Cameron will be in Zachary’s class soon – his birthday is coming up in July). Anyway, Cameron’s mommy is due to have a baby any second now. She may have already had it for all I know – I just haven’t heard from her yet. She also doesn’t know what she’s having. So one day last week I asked Zachary if Cameron had a baby at his house yet. Zachary said, “No. Cameron’s baby is still inside his mommy’s tummy.” I figured that he had probably seen Cameron’s mommy one day, and that’s how he knew she hadn’t had the baby yet. So I asked him again yesterday if Cameron had a baby at his house yet. Zachary says, “Um, yes. Cameron has a baby brother.” I thought to myself that maybe Zachary was finally becoming a reliable source of information. When I asked him if he knew what Cameron’s baby brother’s name was, he said, “Winger.” So now, I’m not so sure that she has even had the baby yet. I’m pretty sure they would not name their baby “Winger”…I can’t even believe I fell for that. If Zachary does not end up being a comedian or Lightning McQueen’s tire when he grows up, I’m pretty sure he’ll have a great career working in the tabloids.
Liam has been growing up so fast! He has been enjoying his cereal, and has been rolling over a lot. He even giggled the other day (like a real giggle - not just the sort of halfway giggle he usually does). You can tell that he's getting to that point where he realizes there's a lot going on, but since he can't sit up or crawl yet, he's getting frustrated. So we try and put him in the exersaucer when we can - it keeps him entertained for a while. He just doesn't seem as content just sitting there being held anymore when he's awake - it's like he wants to get down and do stuff. He does still like to snuggle when he's sleeping though.
On a separate topic, I was sad to hear about Uga VI passing away. What a great Uga he was! I guess those bulldogs just don't live very long - he wasn't even 10 yet. It is sad that he wasn't able to pass the torch on to the new Uga this fall. But I'm sure the Seilers have a great new Uga picked out and I can't wait to see him in person on August 30!
September Quotes
2 months ago
3 comments:
Where did he come up with "Winger"?Charlotte is getting very frustrated with not being able to move as well. She gets on her stomach and "swims" very hard, but just doesn't move - I feel sorry for her.
Zachary cracks me up! I wonder where he got Winger from??? hmmmm....m
Who knows where "Winger" came from - probably the same place he got "Vee Vee" & "Va Va" from (those are the "friends" he claims to play with every day....although, I'm sure you can figure out that there are no kids with those names in his class). Sometimes I think he makes up at least half of what he says. At least he's got an imagination!
Post a Comment