This morning Josh sends me an email about some new ESPN TV remote that costs $300. Apparently it wirelessly connects to the internet, allows text-messaging and email, and has a 2” screen on which you can watch video sent to cell phones. It also supposedly turns itself on when it senses movement and adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the surrounding light. And, what’s more, they are looking at future versions which would allow you to watch TV on the remote. So Josh was very excited about this device. He even made a Homer Simpson drool sound. My question is, how is it that guys can get so excited over very large sized TV’s (65 inch screen anyone?) and now they want to watch TV on a 2 inch screen built into their remote? I mean, is that weird to anyone else?
We also discovered that they apparently do not like having older kids inside the baby room at daycare. The reason they have given us is to prevent the spread of germs inside the baby room. I just cannot get behind this reason for several reasons. One, the baby room is not sealed off from the rest of the school. So any time that baby room door opens, germs come flooding through the door. Two, many of the babies have an older sibling who also attends the school, which means that any germs the older kids may have are going to be brought home, where the baby will also be exposed to them (and then baby will bring them to school the next day). Three, it’s just plain unrealistic to expect that a baby in daycare will not be exposed to germs (isn’t that what they tell new moms to make themselves feel better about sending their baby to daycare – that their baby will build up a great immune system!). Honestly, babies are probably exposed to more germs inside of Babies R Us than a daycare (I’m still convinced that’s where I got strep from when I was pregnant with Zachary). So this is just plain odd to me. Not to mention the fact that it does not seem to be consistently enforced. One day Zachary was in the room and nobody said anything. The next 2 times they did say something, but then this morning they did not seem to care about another little boy being in there.
My final thoughts relate to summer TV. So I LOVE reality TV. I get on board with the good, the bad, and the ugly. My favorites are The Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, The Mole, and any sort of NFL Cheerleader tryout show (such as Making the Team on NFL channel or Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on CMT). I am not ashamed to admit that I have been watching Farmer Wants a Wife. This is the ugliest of the ugly when it comes to reality TV, but for some reason I cannot stop watching it (much like Amish in the City from a few years ago, or Looking for Love: Bachelorettes in Alaska from about 5 or 6 years ago). If it is on, chances are, I will watch it (except Big Brother – never got on board with that). I am also REALLY excited about 2 other shows coming on later this month – Wipeout and I Survived a Japanese Game Show. The first, Wipeout, looks a lot like Most Extreme Elimination Challenge that used to come on Spike (do they still show it?) It was a bad show – you could tell it was old – from Japan, and everything was dubbed into English. But clearly they were not dubbing in the actual commentary, or host names (I don’t know many Japanese people named Kenny Blankenship or Vic Romano). But it was so fun to watch. The other one just looks like another disaster that I won’t be able to stop watching. Who else loves bad reality TV???
September Quotes
2 months ago
4 comments:
They seemed like spin offs of shows that come on G4. Do you get that network? They are called MXC, ninja warrior, and unbeatable banzooka. (spelling??)
Some shows you watch I have never heard of. Do you watch So You Think You Can Dance? That's a good show.
They probably just don't want the older kids in the nursery so they don't have more to worry about/watch after.
:) Have a good weekend.
Oh yeah - MXC - Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. That's the one I was talking about. I'm not sure if we get G4 or not...we have DirecTV...? I've seen So You Think You Can Dance a couple of times now. But only because I've seen enough clips of Mary Murphy screaming her brains out on The Soup that it has finally made me curious.
You crack me up with your reality shows!!! :)
Unfortunately, not a watcher of them myself. We get sucked into AFV though... can't get enough of those.
You and Ellen watch all the shows!
Post a Comment