Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What Happened to Shapes & Colors???

Every day we get a daily sheet from school that tells what the class did that day. The Summer daily sheet is a little different than the regular school year sheet because they are on their “Summer Program”. At Zachary’s school, they seem to take the summer months to focus on a different country each week (they did this last summer too). So this week’s theme is Israel. There is a section on the sheet called “Sharing Our Ideas”, and yesterday in Zachary’s class they circled that they had done “Literature & Language”. Now normally this would read something like “Today we read Curious George Goes to Israel”, or some kids book involving the weekly theme. However, yesterday the sheet said the following:

“Learning interesting facts about Israel was a blast. We learned about the British Palestine Mandate & when Jordan became independent.”

HUH?????? I mean, I know this is a good school, but I had no idea they were learning about stuff like this. I was just happy that Zachary had learned the alphabet by the time he was two.

Liam had a good first day on Monday. The only issue was that they decided not to feed him on the schedule we had told them (even though they gave us a form which asked for us to provide his feeding schedule). They fed him 3 times instead of two. I was pretty annoyed. But they did better yesterday. Although I found out yesterday when I went to pick the guys up that the teacher in Zachary’s class who turned her back after telling Zachary not to ride the toy down the slide does still work there, AND her mom works in the infant room. Good times. Let’s hope the mom has a little more common sense then her daughter.

It has been a new adventure trying to get all 4 of us out the door on time in the morning. This morning we gathered all our stuff and headed out to the garage. Josh snapped Liam’s seat in, and then went around to the other side to get Zachary strapped in. After Zachary was all buckled in, Josh gave him a kiss and said goodbye. I already had the car running (because it is so stinking hot, even at 7am) so as soon as all the doors were shut, I started backing out. Then I hear Zachary from the backseat, in kind of an upset-sounding voice say, “Daddy didn’t say bye to Liam!” It was sweet. So I honked for Josh to come back over so he could say bye to Liam and give him a kiss too. He actually had already done that, but Zachary wasn’t paying attention. What a sweet brother!

1 comment:

Drena said...

apparently I need to go back to preschool to learn. :)