I guess once you turn 3, it’s important to start improving yourself. The last 2 mornings, Zachary has told me something he’s going to work on for the day – his idea, not ours. Yesterday he said, “Today I’m not going to pick my nose.” (I think that maybe lasted about as long as the car ride to school, but it was good of him to at least consider it for half a second). This morning he said, “Today I’m not going to whine.” I’ll take that. I’m excited to see what tomorrow brings…
Zachary also had his first dentist appointment this morning. He did really well! I was pleasantly surprised. His big thing now when you ask him to do something is he’ll usually say, “Well, maybe later” or “Well, maybe tomorrow”. So I’m glad he didn’t try to pull that with them. The biggest things you can use to motivate him to do what you want are prizes and TV – both of which they have at the dentist. It probably also helps that our dentist looks like he’s about 16…so he’s definitely not intimidating.
They are all ready for Liam at daycare, even though he doesn’t start until Monday. His access code has been put in the system, he is on the sign-in/out sheet, and he even already has a cubby in the infant room. Today I took in the first of all the junk we’ll need to have there for him (I’m trying to make it easier on us for his first day so we don’t have to remember everything. On Zachary’s first day at daycare we managed to remember everything….except his formula…). It was kind of sad. I mean, I know he will do great there, but at the same time, the fact that he’s about to start there means he’s almost 4 months old now and not a tiny little newborn anymore.
September Quotes
2 months ago
4 comments:
I LOVE Zachary's wisdom! I hope the whining thing worked out for you today! Can't wait to hear tomorrow's wisdom. :)
I love that Zachary! I love that he is already trying to improve himself at 3! Must be because he just had a birthday. I know when Sophie turned 5 she immediately thought she was a big girl and couldn't listen to "baby" music anymore. The things they say and think of - it is so fun to be able to watch them grow and change. Thanks for sharing and I hope Liam's first day goes wonderfully.
Big brother Zachary will watch after Liam! :) He's too funny!
Oh yes - Zachary has already promised to teach Liam to use the potty. I may just hold him to it! :)
Post a Comment