About a month ago the family who lived next door to us sold their house & moved to India (they were from there). The new family moved in, and I guess Wednesday night they decided they should maybe go ahead and mow the grass (it had not been mowed since before the other family had moved out...). It was 8:30 when he started, and it was already getting kind of dark. I guess he waited until then because it wasn't as hot, but I wondered how long he was going to do it for, because some kids (like ours...) were already in bed. Because it was already getting dark, the mowing only lasted about 15 or 20 minutes. His wife was standing out on the back porch pointing to spots that he had missed. He finally stopped, and later, Josh told me that the wife was outside brushing the grass off the lawn mower with a brush...right, because it's important not to have grass on the lawn mower...Then last night, I guess he decided to pick it back up again - around the same time. As with Wednesday, the mowing session only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. I peeked outside this morning, and the grass is still only about half mowed! I don't think he really understands the concept of mowing grass. If he breaks it up and does it over the span of a week in 10 minute increments, he's going to be mowing every day, because by the time he finishes, the stuff he started with is going to be long again. When the other family lived there, that guy would always mow the grass the day after Josh would mow. I think he didn't really know how to do a lawn either, so he relied on Josh for cues as to when the grass needed to be mowed. Maybe the guy will do another strip of grass today and possibly have it all mowed by the end of the weekend.
Last night we were playing with Liam on the floor. I guess he had a lot to say - here's some video (sorry if it's kind of dark - I just used the video mode on my digital camera, and it was last night when I took this):
I had to take off work today because Zachary & Liam's school was closed for a teacher workday. Friday is garbage day in our neighborhood, and when the garbage truck came rolling through around 9:00 this morning, you would have thought it was Christmas. Zachary was SO excited! Then, as if that wasn't enough, the recycle truck came through a couple of minutes behind the garbage truck. To top it off, the garbage guys waved at him. Made his day. He said "I am SO very happy to see the garbage truck AND the recycle garbage truck!"
And finally, here's another video we took last week at my mom's house. She has a treadmill, and Zachary discovered a fun new way to play on the treadmill (yes, Josh's shorts are sort of a pinkish red color - and they are awesome):
September Quotes
2 months ago
4 comments:
First, I LOVED hearing Zachary laugh. Something about little kids laughing just makes me always smile.
Second, Matt has reddish/pink shorts. I too like them, but like to say they are pink just to bother him.
Third, our neighbor needs to cut their grass, bad. You can tell who is cheating and watering by how much their grass grows (and that it is still green).
Finally, (continuing the how eerily similar our lives are) it is trash day here too and Caroline and Owen always get excited when they see they garbage truck!
Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud with the treadmill!! So hilarious..Zachary has the CUTEST laugh!
That was TOO cute! I love kids laughter! One of my favorite sounds!
Cute videos!! Love Zachary's giggle :-) Looks like you are going to have a talker...I sort of imagine that Zachary is a talker but maybe it is just cause you always tell us what he says. Liam is getting so big!
Now, if only I used the treadmill like that and could still fit in my clothes :-)
Post a Comment