I was happy to see the Dawgs get back on track this weekend with a win over Tennessee. It would have been nice if the win could have been a little bigger, a little bolder. But a win is a win, and at least Vandy lost! It was killing me that they were leading the SEC East. Not sure what that was all about, but hopefully they will go back to where they’re used to being with a 2nd loss this coming weekend. Speaking of that, I am SO glad they made kickoff at 12:30. We had been planning to take Zachary & Liam to the game with us since the beginning of the season. I was getting nervous when they were actually considering making it a night game, but was happy to see it will be a day game as usual.
Yesterday we got to meet a new little baby. Some friends of ours had their 2nd baby about 5 weeks ago, and we had not yet met him. He was cute, and Liam was cracking up while we were over there. I’m not sure what was so funny, but I’ll take baby laughs over crying any day (although he did plenty of crying later in the day too, for no apparent reason, other than the possibility of a 2nd tooth on the verge of coming in…but no solid confirmation of that yet). Yesterday afternoon we went to Cagle’s Dairy to do their corn maze. I decided that Zachary has a thing for ranches. When we went to Burt’s Farm last weekend, he kept calling it a pumpkin ranch, and then this weekend at Cagle’s Dairy he kept calling it a corn ranch instead of cornfield. Anyway, we had never been there, even though it’s pretty close to our house. It was fun, but I’m not sure Zachary got it. He knew that we were trying to get out (we just kept telling him it was a giant puzzle that we were walking in), but I think he was maybe expecting something a little livelier than just a bunch of corn bushes blowing in the wind. After we finished both sides of it, we headed over to these jumping pillow things they had. It was like a moonwalk, but without walls, and the edges were flush with the ground and it just mounded up to the middle. They had one for smaller kids and one for bigger kids. It looked pretty cool, and I wished I could have gotten on. Unfortunately we had to leave, because we had to get dinner going. But it was another fun day.
September Quotes
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment