Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Off the Hook (for now…)

Well, the World Series starts tomorrow, which means I’m about to have to fulfill my end of the bet. And I did confirm – it’s for EVERY game of the World Series, so I’ll have to wear the shirt between 4 & 7 times over the next week or so. However, due to a technicality, I won’t actually have to start wearing the shirt until game 3. That technicality is due to the fact that Josh doesn’t have a Phillies shirt! HUH?? What kind of fan are you?? Just kidding. Seriously though, I tried to get him to just let me wear his Phillies hat (I know he has at least one of those). Unfortunately, he wants me to wear a shirt. His dad is coming down on Saturday, and Josh has requested that he bring shirts for both of us (not surprisingly, it is much easier to find Phillies shirts in the Philadelphia area than it is down here). He’s requesting a 2008 NL Champion Phillies shirt for himself, while I just requested a plain, generic Phillies shirt – in his size. That way, it will not go to waste for the next 15 years, or however long it takes them to get back to the World Series. Again, kidding…really though, if we get it in his size, he can wear it during other parts of the year, where if it was in my size, it would never see the light of day again (unless the Phillies ever got back to the World Series). It’s all about being frugal with the money being spent on this shirt.

For the 2nd night in a row, Liam hasn’t slept well. I got off the hook for most of it last night since I took the brunt of it Sunday night. Unfortunately, we are probably now even, and will share equally in the madness tonight if it should continue. We really do think he is teething, but it just seems to be much harder on him than it ever was on Zachary. Zachary was a good teether until the molars came in – those were kind of rough. We never had to do Orajel or anything – just a little Tylenol before bed, and he was pretty good. Liam seems to get a fever, stuffy/runny nose, and NO sleep. He’ll eventually fall asleep when one of us holds him, but he just can’t seem to settle himself back to sleep like he normally does. To top it off last night, just when I thought Josh had gotten Liam settled (around 4:45am or so, I would guess), we heard Zachary scream from his room, “I’M NOT DONE! I’M NOT DONE! I’M NOT DONE!!” What the…?? Turns out he had a bad dream. That was the first time anything like that has happened. I didn’t know whether to be scared or confused – I mean, we haven’t slept much the past 2 nights, so it was possible I was going crazy. Thankfully (for me), not so much on the crazy (yet). Poor Zachary was just as confused as we were though.

Yesterday when I went to pick Zachary up from school, I had to wait for a little bit because they were just serving lunch, and Zachary looked upset at the thought of leaving without eating his lunch (even though I would have given him different lunch as soon as we got home, like 3 minutes later…). While I was waiting, I was watching some of the other kids who hadn’t been served their lunches yet. 4 different kids spilled their milk – I don’t know if that’s normal for a day there, or if that was high. The teacher totally kept her cool though – I would have lost it (I guess that’s why I don’t teach 3-year-olds). I was impressed though because a couple of the kids went & got paper towels & started cleaning up the mess without being asked. Wish we could train Zachary to do that…I also saw 2 girls who kept hugging. Awwwww…sweet, right? Yeah…I swear a couple of times I thought they were going to make out. I know – kids that young don’t know what that’s about, but they were hugging so much and their faces were so close, it really looked like they were going to kiss. Luckily they did not. At least not before Zachary finished his lunch and we left.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Did you watch Jon and Kate last night? Jon took the little boys and Cara to the Phillies game... it made me think of you.

btw... C and I are TOTAL Ray's fans this upcoming week... Hopefully you won't have to wear that Phillies shirt too long!