Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Full Night's Sleep

That is what we got last night for the first time in a few nights. Liam slept all night without a peep (he did wake up around 5:00am, but never cried – he just sort of talked to himself for a little bit, and then went back to sleep). Zachary was quiet too – no coughing or bad dreams. It was a happy house this morning.

Zachary has this book called Peek-a-Boooo! It is one of those books where you lift the flap to see what’s under it & what they are saying. So this one is obviously a Halloween-themed book. It has different things like a witch that cackles, a monster that mumbles, and a skeleton that rattles. But my favorite page in the whole book has to be the one with the pumpkin. When you lift the flap over the pumpkin, this is what it says: “‘Pumpkin Patch!’ jabbers the jack-o-lantern.” Who knew that jack-o-lanterns could talk, much less “jabber”? We were planning on carving at least one of our 2 pumpkins this weekend and I think every time I look at it after it’s carved I’m going to think to myself (or maybe even jabber out loud), “Pumpkin Patch!”

World Series starts tonight. Yuck. I’m not going to root for the Phillies because they are not my team. But in fairness to Josh, I’m not going to root against them either. Let’s just say I don’t care. Because, really, I don’t. But I did hear on Q100 this morning this girl called in to find out whether anyone else thought her boyfriend was weird. Apparently the dude is from Philly, and is a Phillies fan, which she knew. What she did not know, however, was that he is a fan to the max. Since the playoffs started, he has been showing up to watch the games in full uniform – hat, jersey, pants, stirrup socks, cleats, etc. He even brings a baseball glove, which he puts on the table (and freaked out one time when she moved it briefly to clean the table underneath it). She said he also has a very large size of Philly Fanatic (their creepy green alien mascot). In addition, she went over to his place one day & he & a bunch of his friends were playing baseball on X-box. I guess it’s the kind of game where you can be a major league team, and they were obviously the Phillies. All the guys were dressed up like they were actually on the Phillies team, and when each one of them went up to bat, he would put on a batting helmet. At first everyone thought he was nuts and that she should run, but a bunch of people called in saying she should suck it up for a week because there are worse things he could be doing. I would probably agree with that, but I’m also thankful that as passionate as Josh is about his teams, that he has yet to go that far. I’m just happy to get him in red pants from time to time at a Georgia game, and am thankful that he is not a face or body painter either. Those guys kind of weird me out. I actually saw 2 girls with their bodies painted at the Georgia game on Saturday. They had black sports bras on and they had their bodies painted black as the basic color with whatever letters or numbers in red on top of it. Yeah…what happened to girls getting all dressed up in a cute dress & heels to go to the games? Now they are joining the body painting club too?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

OMG, that is HILARIOUS!!!!

Josh should definitely start "dressing out" for all the games! HA!