Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Interesting Factoids

Or, maybe not so interesting – but I thought they were interesting…

Interesting Factoid #1: So I know my birthday was a week ago, and I need to let it go because the celebration already lasted about 2 weeks, but I forgot to mention this before, and it was too good not to share. In the Marketing Department here, when it’s your birthday or work anniversary, someone puts up a little sign outside your cube/office. Well, apparently whoever does it is too lazy to put them up on or before the first of a month, and so all day last Wednesday, I had no birthday sign. Sad…But by Thursday (10/2), the signs were up. I was astonished to discover that within my group, there are 4 October birthdays. One was October 3, and the other 3 (including mine) were October 1! How crazy is that?! We dubbed it the October 1 birthday club. I thought that was wacky – what are the odds???

Interesting Factoid #2: I don’t know if anyone else other than us watches the Apprentice/Celebrity Apprentice, but if you don’t, here’s a reason you may want to at least check it out when it returns, probably in January. Apparently Herschel Walker is on it this time! GO DAWGS! Josh reads a Georgia sports blog every day, and yesterday the guy who writes it mentioned that Herschel would be on some street corner in NYC selling cupcakes between 10-2 yesterday, and for all NYC area Dawgs to go out & support him. He posted an update today – here’s the link. He’s even got some pictures, and he also mentions who Herschel’s teammates on the show are. It looks like they have divided it up men vs. women, because all of his teammates are men. So we don’t know who the ladies are who will be on the show, but it looks like an eclectic group of men, to say the least.

Interesting Factoid #3: Ummm…well, I don’t really have a 3rd one. Just seemed like I needed to have a #3. Maybe if any of you have something interesting to say, you can share it with me!

No comments: