Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend Tidbits

For some reason we still have a monitor in Zachary’s room. We kind of needed a new one for Liam anyway (Zachary’s started beeping periodically, so we just bought a new one). We decided to keep the one in Zachary’s room for now, since we have it. I think we mainly keep it in there so we can tell if he’s going right to sleep at bedtime or naptime (otherwise we go in there and tell him to be quiet) or so we can see if he’s awake on the weekends (since he won’t get out of bed for any reason…). So one night over the weekend after Zachary had gone to bed, we heard through the monitor, “Mommy……Mommy……” It started off kind of quiet, and he kept getting louder & louder until it was, “MOMMY!!!! MOMMY!!!!” Josh & I were kind of laughing – we knew nothing was seriously wrong but he was just getting louder & louder. Then finally we heard, “MOMMY!!! If you do not come up right now, then…I’m going to call for Daddy!!! [pause] DADDY!!!” He is funny – we were just cracking up. He eventually got quiet and went to sleep. He probably just wanted water or something (and we’ve told him at least a hundred times that there is no water once he gets n bed). My favorite part is the next morning when he tells us that he was calling for one of us. It’s like, yeah, we know – we heard you loud & clear!

We went to church yesterday morning. We always drop Zachary off in his little pre-school Sunday School thing, but Liam always goes up to church with us (long story why we don’t use the nursery…). We always find a spot near the back, near the crying room though, so if he gets rowdy, we can move into the crying room. We sat down in our usual spot, and the orchestra was finishing up the opening music. Josh stood Liam up on his lap, and Liam started waving his arms with the beat of the music. He was so excited! Maybe he will be musical like Josh & I were. He loves to dance too – he will bounce along with music (or no music, doesn’t matter), whereas Zachary is not much of a fan of dancing. He’ll dance if he gets REALLY excited, but it’s usually hard to get him to dance. Liam has also started waving. We noticed him making a waving motion with his hand sometimes (mostly to himself) so we started waving to him, and he has waved back a few times. It is fun when they become interactive like that.

All weekend Zachary kept asking if it was still Halloween. When we would tell him no, he would tell us that he wants to go trick-or-treating “again and again and again!” I think he REALLY had a fun time. He also loves watching Georgia football (at least for a little bit – he still doesn’t quite have the attention span for a whole game, but he’s getting there). His favorite player last year was Thomas Brown – any time we would see a Georgia game on TV or clip of one on the news, he would ask “Where’s Thomas Brown?” He was excited when we told him Thomas Brown plays for the Falcons now, but he doesn’t quite understand the concept of being hurt & out for the year. Every time we see a Falcons game or clip, he asks where is Thomas Brown. We remind him that he got hurt, and Zachary asks us if he got a Band-Aid. So now any time he sees a Georgia game or clip, when he sees Matthew Stafford (who he calls “Maffyur Stafford”) he gets excited – he thinks it’s him, because his jersey has #7 on it. And when we see Massaquoi (or “MoMass” – he said that Mohammed Massaquoi is very hard for him to say), he thinks it’s Liam, since Liam has #1 on his jersey. He thinks I am Knowshon Moreno since I have #24 on my jersey. Unfortunately, Josh’s jersey has #14, and well, Joe Cox doesn’t get much action these days. But Zachary really knows some of these guys’ numbers – I’m pretty impressed by it. I don’t think he understood exactly how badly Georgia got creamed on Saturday though. But I give him credit for sticking to his guns on the “Florida has yucky orange and yucky blue!” and “Gators wear jean shorts!” and “Florida Gators are mean – we don’t like them!” bit.

Sorry I don’t have pictures from Halloween up here yet. I do have them on our Shutterfly site though. You can see them by clicking here, or clicking the link just under Liam’s picture, or by clicking on Zachary’s picture or Liam’s picture. The album at the top has all of October – Halloween is towards the end (and there are a few pictures in there of Zachary wearing denim shorts – note, they are denim shorts, NOT jean shorts…I told you there is a difference…)

2 comments:

Mel said...

They are adorable!! Zachary looks so much like you!!! I can't decide about Liam because I don't know Josh really.

Carrie Davis said...

Oh my gosh - those pictures!! Those boys are adorable! They look like they have so much personality.