Thursday, February 26, 2009

45 Hours and Counting...

That is how long it has been since anything has come out of Liam where it is not supposed to. Hopefully this means he has turned a corner! We’re still sticking with the bland diet & Pedialyte for today but hopefully he will be ready to try milk again soon. The weird thing is he has been pretty happy despite everything. He has had his cranky moments for sure (and his latest thing when he is upset and you reach down to pick him up is he will just let his arms go limp, making it VERY hard to pick him up since his armpits sort of “go away”…). But he has managed to smile and seem like he is having fun for at least part of each day since all this started.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon/evening was rough for Zachary. He just seemed to get upset and cry over every little thing. Can I just say again that I hate that he is not napping at school anymore? They do have mandatory “quiet time” but they don’t (and can’t, realistically) force anyone to go to sleep. He really still needs a nap (and he generally still naps on the weekends). But he is in the class now where for some reason kids usually stop napping – and he did, about a month into being in the class. Why is that? If everyone lays on their mat and goes to sleep, nobody is going to miss anything. So what’s that all about? And if we call Zachary out for not taking a nap, he tells us he did take a nap. Apparently he is under the impression that lying on his mat constitutes a nap (whether he was quiet or not). Maybe we need to go over the definition of “nap” again. Nap = sleep = good.

3 comments:

Carrie Davis said...

Yay for Liam! Charlotte does the same thing when you pick her up and she doesn't want to - drives me crazy. She's actually developing a 'tude and I'm not liking it. Ugh, I know that is frustrating about the naps..it makes evenings so much harder.

Mel said...

Glad that Liam is feeling better.

Zachary not taking naps and being cranky makes me wonder if I was a cranky little booger...I would never nap (other than a little baby when you can't help it). I wouldn't even nap at 2....wonder if i was just a pain....surely not or my parents wouldn't have had two more :-)

Sarah said...

Oh, I hate that when they drop the afternoon nap! My middle child has recently dropped his and I still make him have "quiet time" and then just put him to bed earlier.