Last night I changed my facebook status to “Rebecca hopes we don’t have another diaper malfunction in the middle of the night”. Melissa asked how that did not make the blog (basically, it did not make the blog yesterday because it’s quite gross), so Melissa, since you asked, this one’s for you (and an apology to Meredith, since you’ve already heard the abridged version of this). Yesterday morning I went in Liam’s room to get him up and as soon as I opened the door to his room, the most horrible smell smacked me in the face. Uh oh – this cannot be good. He was standing up in his crib waiting for me, so I picked him up and could tell that his jammies were wet. Ever since it had been really cold, most mornings his jammies are wet. I think it’s just because cold weather makes you have to go more. Well, it makes me have to go more, anyway. And apparently his diaper just can’t hold it all. But yesterday wasn’t an ordinary diaper overflow situation. Generally, we’re just talking #1 here. Yesterday, it was #2. And when I unzipped his jammies there was poo all over his tummy. I continued upzipping further, and there was poo on his leg. When I pulled his foot out of the little footie part, little pieces of I don’t know what came tumbling out. I mean – my goodness – it was down in the footie part!!! Luckily Josh works from home on Thursdays so he wasn’t in a hurry, because as soon as he came up to see if I needed help, I told him that Liam was going to need a bath. So we carefully removed the yucky jammies and carried him to the bathroom (with fully extended arms, mind you) and plopped him in the tub. As Josh went to remove the diaper, we noticed it had not only escaped via the front of the diaper, but it had escaped out the back too. The kid was COVERED. There is nothing like a surprise bath at 6:45am to wake everyone up. Josh told me later that Liam had seemed to be in a really bad mood ever since I left the house, and I told him that I’d be in a really bad mood too if I woke up covered in poo. This morning when we went into Liam’s room I smelled the smell again, but thankfully the diaper held up last night and everything was contained.
Last night we were cooking dinner and Josh grabbed a knife to puncture a hole in something to put in the microwave. Then I saw him wipe the knife off – in his armpit!! – and start to put the knife back in the knife block. Whoa whoa whoa. What is that about?? Wipe it on the front of your shirt, OK. But in your armpit?! Ewww! We had a good laugh. And then the knife was put in the sink to be properly washed.
Today is Zachary’s class Valentine’s party. The school calendar had said that today was pajama day, but on the sign-up sheet for Zachary’s party, the teacher had written to wear your favorite Valentine’s outfit. But then yesterday they wrote to wear your favorite Valentine’s pj’s or red pink, or black (Black? For kids? On Valentine’s Day? Ha ha…). So we compromised. Zachary wore his Ladies Man shirt with some red & white striped pj bottoms. Liam is also wearing the same Ladies Man shirt. And this morning when I pulled his paci out of his mouth, he collapsed on the floor and began rolling around crying (I hope that’s not an indication of future tantrums to come – because Zachary never really did the whole tantrum thing…). I told Liam that that is not how a Ladies Man behaves. Girls usually don’t respond to rolling on the floor crying. Anyway, but I think Zachary is very excited about his party, and he seemed concerned that Addison doesn’t come to school on Fridays. I told him she could get all of her treats next week. And I’m sure he will be nice & hopped up on sugary treats by the time I pick him up this afternoon (ten bucks says that he will actually ask for a snack when we get home too…).
September Quotes
2 months ago
2 comments:
I am wondering where Zachary and Liam go to school because my coworker has two kids who were having a V-day pj party today. It seemed like a weird combo to me so even weirder that there would be two daycares that do it....
Poor kid...I know how you feel!!
Post a Comment