I have really been loving this weather, as I’m sure most of you have been (at least, those of you who live in this area – I honestly have no idea what the weather is doing out of state, sorry…). It’s going to be a rude awakening when the weather turns cold again (come on – you know it’s going to…this is just too good, and too early to stay like this through the spring & into summer…). Almost makes me think I don’t actually need a Snuggie after all. Oh my – what am I talking about? Of course I still need a Snuggie! It’s awesome! And for those of you who think it’s just a backwards robe, you could not be more misinformed! It’s a blanket! With sleeves! It covers your feet! How many bathrobes are long enough to COVER YOUR FEET??? Say what you will about how ridiculous they look, but I long for the day when I can change the channel on the TV without having to remove my arm from the warmth under the blanket…sigh…
Anyway, I digress. I forgot to update that on Friday I did finally get the OK to change my schedule at work. Only took a week. And of course there were strings attached (such as, if there is a meeting that extends beyond 4:30, I’m expected to stay – even if Josh is not able to leave work early to go pick up Zachary & Liam…on the one hand, I get that, but on the other hand, it’s like giving a big middle finger to my kids…). So yesterday was my first official day as regular picker-upper. When I got there, Zachary’s class was outside. He came running up to me and said, “Mommy, I never got to play with the orange soccer ball!” His teacher kind of giggled and said, “It’s actually a basketball.” I thought we had done so well as far as teaching Zachary the different kinds of balls. He later claimed there was an actual orange soccer ball brought by Miss Coach Jen, the soccer coach, but there is no way to know for sure.
Yesterday morning Josh asked one of Zachary’s teachers for a list of first names of the kids in his class, for Valentine purposes. She thought that was a great idea – as if it had never occurred to her before (how else are we supposed to know who all the kids are? They change every few months it seems…). It turns our, there are actually 2 Emma’s in his class right now – Emma S and Emma M. Say Emma M fast. Ha – sounds like M & M! We wondered if her parents did that on purpose or if they never thought about it. I vote for they probably didn’t think about it, but it’s still pretty darn funny.
Oh, one last thing. Last night when we sat down for dinner, Zachary announced that he wanted to say a new blessing called “Dear God”. He tried to get Josh to say it, but it sounded like he had something specific in mind, so we convinced him to say it first, so we could see how it goes (because goodness knows, if he has something specific in mind, and you don’t do it exactly how he envisioned it, it’s not a good situation). It went something like this: “Dear God. Thank you for giving food to me. I hope tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. Dear God. Oh my...” At this point he really went off on a tangent, but Josh & I about lost it at “Dear God. Oh my.” I loved it though – it was so sweet and sincere. I hope he will say the “Dear God” blessing every night.
September Quotes
2 months ago
3 comments:
Glad you got your schedule changed. I love being the one to pick Charlotte up - it is definitely the best part of my day. "Dear God" is so cute!! I can't wait until Charlotte talks - I think it's gonna be hilarious!!
I REALLY want a Snuggie!!! Love the prayer too...so cute!
Sounds like he is super excited for Valentine's day if he is trying to have divine intervention to move it sooner.
Post a Comment