I should have known that as soon as I posted yesterday “Not Much Excitement” that that might be a bad idea. Tuesday morning Zachary got up early and came in our room and said he didn't feel good and he was throwing up. I asked him if he had actually thrown up and he said no. So I told him to go back to his room. So them all afternoon yesterday he kept saying he was sick and then he'd do this little pitiful cough that sounded fake. Whatever. Well then a little before bath time he started coughing for real and I didn't like the sound of it – it sounded slightly croupy, but wasn't too bad. Then around 10:00 I was checking email one last time and I heard him coughing in his room – it definitely sounded croupy that time. Josh came upstairs and said he'd listen for more coughing. So I got in the shower and Josh came in a little bit later holding Zachary. Apparently he had started coughing even more, so Josh brought him in to breathe the steam from the shower. When I was finished, I suggested he take him outside because I think they also say that cool air is good for it. So they went outside for a few minutes, and then came back up. Josh hooked up the humidifier in Zachary’s room and then we got him back to bed. It was a little pitiful because we could tell that Zachary was very confused. He kept looking around, and he was definitely awake, but not completely. When we got him all tucked in again he said, “Mommy, did we brush my teeth?” Yeah, we did that like 2 & ½ hours ago when we put you to bed. It was kind of scary because it sounded like he was having a hard time breathing, which, he's had croup before, but it never seemed like he couldn't breathe. He made it through the rest of the night, coughing a little bit off & on, and was still bad this morning (but not as bad as last night). Took him to the doctor, and confirmed it is croup. But, he’s had it before, and fortunately, the medicine they prescribe for it is pretty quick.
After I took Zachary to the doctor I was able to work from home for the rest of the day. When he got up from his "nap" (which consisted of him sitting on his bed reading books for 2 & 1/2 hours...) I put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for him so I could finish my work. This episode had the professor (What's his name? Professor von Drake? Or is it Professor von Duck?) Anyway, Zachary thinks the Professor (or, "Suffesser" as he calls him) is really funny, so Josh asked him if he wants to be a Professor when he grows up. Zachary replied, "No, I want to be a Daddy when I grow up!" Guess he doesn't realize he can be both (I'm just thankful that being a Daddy has now moved to when he grows up - because before he would tell us that he's almost going to be a Daddy soon - YIKES!)
September Quotes
2 months ago
2 comments:
Well, both a professor and/or a Daddy are both big improvements over Lightning McQueen's tire!!!
Hope he feels better soon and you enjoy your mini vacation!
HA!!! I was going to blog on the whole wanting to be a mommy when she grows up with Caroline!
Hope Zachary feels better fast!
Post a Comment