Zachary starts Tiny Tykes T-Ball through the YMCA this weekend. When we signed him up, we had decided that we’d just be spectators & observers this year, rather than volunteer to be Coach or Team Mom. The main reason was because we don’t really know what all is involved, so we figured we’d scope it out this year and then possibly jump in next year. Well, I got an email today from the Y that said, “***COACHES STILL NEEDED FOR TINY TYKES T-BALL***” Um, the season starts SATURDAY…so I got a little nervous that a lack of coaches might mean some teams get scrapped (although I would hope that by signing up back in January that Zachary would be safe from getting dropped if that were to happen). I jokingly asked Josh if he wanted to be a coach this year – he decided what the heck, so he called the Y and signed up. He will be coaching Zachary’s team (which ought to be REAL interesting…). You know there will be much more on this over the next 5 or 6 weeks…
Also, I won the lottery! No silly, not the really cool one that gives you millions of dollars. I won a lottery for Phish tickets for a concert in early June in Wantaugh, NY! What?! I’m not a Phish fan?? I don’t live in NY?? D’oh! Actually, my godmother’s younger son is a HUGE Phish fan, and a couple of times now whenever they’re going to be doing shows somewhere, they will offer a pre-sale lottery sort of thing before the tickets go on sale to the general public. They only allow you to enter once, so he’ll enter for himself, and then he’ll get people he knows to help him out by putting in an entry in their name too. He has asked my mom a couple of times to do this, and she always passes it on to me too. None of us won the last time, but I got an email today saying I won the tickets for the NY show. Even though I’m not a fan, and I’m not even the one going to the show, I have to admit I was a little excited that I had won. I don’t ever win ANYTHING. So it figures that the first time I actually win something, it’s not even for me. Oh, and I keep saying that I “won” – I mean, it’s not like I won free tickets. “Winning” in this case means they charged my credit card and I’m now the proud owner of 2 tickets to a Phish show.
Oh, and it's a bit anti-climactic now, but evidently THIS is actually my 200th post. Seems I had one saved as a draft that I never posted, and when I logged in yesterday and it said 199 posts, it was including that one. I don't count it since I didn't actually post it, so happy 200 to me (again)...I promise, this is my last 200th post.
September Quotes
2 months ago
2 comments:
You didn't strike me as a Phish fan!! Congrats on "winning"!
Phish is Owen's favorite band! Matt is working on slowly converting all of us.
Post a Comment