Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where Have I Been?

So, I have no idea how it's been almost a week since I posted - I'm usually much better than that. Honestly, it hasn't been a terribly interesting week around here, plus, I was actually busy at work this week (normally I post in the morning when I get to work).

We have had an OK weekend though. On Friday I left work a little early & stopped at a consignment sale run by a church near our house. It's not super big, but that is fine, because I never feel overwhelmed there. And I always leave with a bag full of stuff. When I got to school to pick up the boys, I had to sign an incident report for Liam. Apparently he just literally fell flat on his face, and he had a nice little mark on the side of his nose. Great - we had 18 month pictures scheduled for yesterday morning. A lot of times if he gets a bump, it goes away by the next day, so I was hoping that would happen. So yesterday morning we all get up, and the mark on his nose is gone. YAY! Only, now there's a BIG red circle on his cheek. Darn! So I called & rescheduled the pictures for next weekend. I already knew I wasn't going to buy anything given his shiner, so I didn't want to waste everyone's time. Took Zachary for a haircut & then we hit the early bird special at Olive Garden. Seriously - it wasn't even 5:00 when we got there. It wasn't like we were starving either, but I had signed up for another painting class that started at 7:00, so we needed to make sure we were done & home in time for me to get to the studio. And for some bizarre reason, the Olive Garden closest to our house is always SUPER busy. Not sure why...I mean, it's Olive Garden for pete's sake. ???

This morning we had swimming lessons after church again. This time I got in the water with Liam. He did fine until they worked on climbing out of the pool & jumping in. He LOVES jumping in, and when the teacher was ready to move on to the next thing, Liam flipped out because he wanted to jump in some more. Poor guy...We left & Josh stayed with Zachary for his class, and then they went to Waffle House afterwards. I don't think that will be a weekly thing, but now they got to go together, since I got to take him last week. Zachary has a birthday party this afternoon for one of the little girls in his class. He picked her present out all by himself - a Cinderella dress-up dress. He was so proud. Josh is taking him to the party, so I'll have to find out if Zachary spills the beans to Emma on what he got for her (like he normally does when he knows what is in the present - that's why I normally go shopping for birthday presents without him).

Really not much else going on. Liam is becoming quite the disciplinarian though. He was eating lunch when we got home from swimming, and Herschel was under the table waiting for any little bits of food to drop. Well, Liam caught him, and when I scolded Herschel & told him to get out from under the table, Liam went on for about 5 minutes of "No Herschel! No Herschel!" Nice to know I have backup.

Anyway, hopefully this week will be more interesting or entertaining. I feel like I've neglected the blog (even though it hasn't even been a week).

1 comment:

Mel said...

Glad you are back...you are my daily read but you timed it well because my work computer crashed while I was in the field last week and I had to read everything on my blackberry :)