Monday, December 19, 2011

Art & Cookies

Can you tell I'm playing catch-up with the blog?  Anyway, last Wednesday Zachary's school had Evening of the Arts.  Each child in the school had a framed piece of art displayed in the gym (that they were selling to parents).  They also had different performing arts groups doing small performances in the cafeteria.  I thought this was such a cute idea.  The first daycare Zachary went to up until he turned 2 used to do something like this every year, and we thought it was so fun.  Plus, it's brilliant for the school, because if you go, what parent is going to tell their kid that they don't want to buy their picture??  Here's Zachary with his masterpiece, The Sidekick Rooster.  This piece of art was inspired after they discussed Eric Carle.


We also had our annual department cookie contest last week (I had to bake after we got home from the art show).  I usually choose a super chocolatey sort of cookie, because I just love chocolate.  And somehow I never win.  I decided that with only 4 judges, there's a very good chance that 1 or 2 of them aren't real big chocolate people, so I went in a different direction this year.  I turned to Pinterest.  Pinterest has not let me down yet.  I found the most amazing cookies & cream cookie recipe, and I finally won the contest!  Sometimes it's the little victories that taste the sweetest...lol!

No comments: