Friday, December 2, 2011

Sweet Boys

I almost forgot about a couple of instances of the boys being super sweet. Last Thursday (Thanksgiving), we were watching the parade in the morning. The Rockettes came on, and we were watching them, and talking about what good dancers they are. They came in close on one of them, and Liam said, “Mommy! She looks like you!”

Every year in December my department at work has a cookie contest. Despite the fact that my cookies are ALWAYS the best, I have never won. I did win the cocktail contest we had earlier in the year, but I really want to win the cookie contest this year. So I set out in search of an amazing cookie recipe. I knew Pinterest would not let me down, so I searched for cookies there. I’m not even kidding when I say that doing a search of “cookies” yielded a full page of nothing but different variations of “cookies & cream cookies”. It had to be a sign, right? I decided to bake a couple different kinds, and let Josh & the boys tell me what they think before committing to one for the contest. I made these cookies first. The only difference was that I used regular cocoa instead of dark (since I couldn’t find dark), and I forgot the chocolate chips – oops! But I will say, they were pretty darn delicious anyway (although I’m going to try them again now that I have the dark cocoa, and will remember the chocolate chips this time). As the boys tasted the cookies, Zachary announced that this cookie would most DEFINITELY win the contest. He was so convinced that he made me a blue ribbon. The red 2nd place ribbon is for the next cookie, because he already knew that one would win 2nd place.



They can definitely have their moments where they are just being BOYS. But then they pull out sweet moments like this that wash away all the other stuff – at least for a while.

No comments: