Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Eve at the Fire Station

Like everyone else, the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary really upset me.  Those kids were 6 & 7 - I have a 7-year-old...it was just way too close to home.  I heard about Ann Curry's challenge to everyone to commit 26 acts of kindness.  And while sadly, we did not do 26, I was inspied by one woman's idea, and decided it would be super easy, and even fun.  On Christmas Eve morning we made some cookies - chocolate chip & sugar - and headed down the street to Milton Fire Station 41 with the cookies and some Starbucks gift cards.  A really ncie fireman met us at the door and invited us in out of the rain.  He was super nice & offered to take us out to see the truck.  It was so fun having a little private tour there.





As you can see, the boys were still in their pajamas!  I am so glad we did this.  Maybe we will even make it a tradition!

No comments: