Last weekend we went to visit Santa. We wanted to get it out of the way early so that we could start (and finish) shopping before the last minute. See, we made a rule a few years ago, that once we go see Santa & tell him what you want, there's no changing your mind. Because Santa's got billions of kids to make toys for, and he just can't keep up if they all changed their minds at the last minute.
I really love this Santa. He is so kind & good with the kids. I also love that they don't rush you. Zachary & Liam seemed to talk to him for several minutes, but nobody was in any hurry. I love it. Maybe it's that way everywhere now, but this is the only Santa we've ever seen, so we don't know any different.
My mom was outside the official Santa area, so she was able to get a couple of pics with her phone. Liam actually talked to Santa this year - even read off his list for him!
And then these are the "official" Santa photos.
A few days later after the Santa visit, I finally remembered to ask them what Santa had said when they told him what they wanted.
Zachary: "He said he couldn't make any promises, but he would see what he could do." [note that he asked for a make-your-own-book kit, an iPad, and a color TV]
Liam: "He said, 'OK, I will buy you all of that.'" [note that he asked for a harmonica, his own camera, more Legos, and Ben 10 toys]
I love how Zachary was totally honest in telling us how Santa reacted to his requests, but Liam figured if he just told us that Santa said no problem, that he'd be good to go. He's not even 5 & he's already got it all figured out!
September Quotes
2 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment