Monday, December 24, 2012

Other Miscellaneous December Happenings

We've had other things going on this month that were not part of our Christmas Countdown calendar.  On 12/11, Josh & I had tickets to see Dave Matthews Band at the Gwinnett Arena.  I'm not sure if it was because it was a school night, or just that particular venue, but the crowd seemed a little older than a typical DMB crowd - it was nice!  We definitely were not the oldest people there!  That same day, Liam's after school class was having a Christmas performance.  I was bummed that we were going to have to miss it, but my mom was planning to record it on her phone so we could watch it later.  Well, that was, until Liam decided to refuse to participate.  They ended up leaving - didn't even stay to watch the other kids.  Apparently things got worse once they got home - I felt bad that we were missing that too.  No - I didn't feel bad that we were missing it...I felt bad that my mom was the one stuck to deal with it.

My last day at work until after New Years was December 14.  On Monday-Wednesday of the following week, the kids were still in school, and Josh was at work, but I managed to stay busy.  I went to Target every day, got presents wrapped, had a massage, had my first physical therapy appointment on my shoulder (that is apparently irritated due to a curved rotator cuff, along with bicep tendonitis).  And the best part was getting to help with Zachary's class party.







I'm so glad that he's still excited for me to come & help with things like this - I know there will come a time when he begs me to stay home.  Once again, he has a class full of kids who all seem so sweet.  And I just love his teacher - she's AMAZING.

On Thursday I had planned to take the boys to do something fun during the day, but with the rain, I knew that anywhere we went would be packed.  So we hung out at home.  Friday morning we met Meredith, NC, and Caitlin for breakfast at ihop.  The boys had never been there before (and I hadn't been in years).  Let's just say they loved it!  It's always fun to get together with Meredith over Christmas.  Even though this time was a little nutty with 4 kids & just the 2 of us!

No comments: