Monday, June 3, 2013

Field Day

I feel a little out of order & behind, but here I go, trying to catch up on things.

On Thursday 5/16, Zachary's school had field day for K-2nd grade.  Josh & I both took the day off - Josh was actually volunteering and helping out at one of the stations, while I was just there to hang out & take pictures.  It was a lot of fun, as usual.  His class was Germany this year, and they were so cute in the parade of nations.





I'm going to try to keep this to a reasonable length - I took nearly 400 pictures on Field Day.  But here are the highlights.  Zachary's school doesn't do "real" events at Field Day (things like 40 yard dash, or stuff like that, which my school did for Field Day).  No, they do all kinds of silly races & relays - except for tug-of-war.  That's the only "real" thing they do.  I love all the silly relays - it makes it so much fun for the kids.

Zachary, Hixon, & Matthew - the class started the day off with the water activities





Wacky basketball



Modern Pentathlon

Torch Relay










No comments: