Monday, June 3, 2013

Red Sox Wrap-Up

Liam's season finally wrapped up a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately I'm just getting around to blogging about it, because shortly after, our computer got a nasty virus.  It took about a week to be fixed & cleaned up, but then once we got it back, we realized that they wiped it clean.  They were able to recover all of our data, thank goodness, but all our software was wiped off.  So it took about another week getting it set back up, and then during those 2 weeks I got so behind with pictures that I'm just now caught up.

He played on Saturday, May 11 against the Giants.  This was the same day that Zachary's team played the Giants in the playoffs (and interestingly, the Atlanta Braves played the Giants that weekend too!)  This day was interesting, because it was supposed to rain all day.  Somehow we managed to get Zachary's game and team party in before any rain came through, and it looked like it might try to clear up.  But by the time Liam's game rolled around, the sky looked a little dark.  The Weather Channel app said 0% chance of rain, so I figured they just looked worse than they really were.  Until it started pouring...They managed to get in 3 full innings before calling it quits.  I was OK with that since there was nothing at stake.













He played again on 5/13, but I have no pictures from that game.  My mom took him since Josh & I were both at Zachary's playoff game.  She had attempted to take some pictures for me, but hit the video button every time.  So, no pictures - just a bunch of random videos that start with Liam hitting, or on base or something, but then end with dizzying shots of her pants, the sky, and whatever else she happened to capture as the video continued to roll.  Apparently the game was kind of rough to watch.  Josh has been the one pitching all season, but since he wasn't there, Travis, the other coach, pitched.  Travis is not a good pitcher, and evidently no one - not even our best players - were able to hit his pitches.

His final game was on 5/18, and once again we played the weather guessing game.  We were planning to have their end-of-season party before the game at the park.  With the weather forecast looking so crazy, we did have a back-up plan in case we needed it - but somehow the weather held off again.  We were able to snag one of the pavilions at the park, and had a nice little party before the game, with pizza, fruit, & cupcakes, along with the trophy presentations.




We had a brief sprinkle before the game started, but then it stopped and stayed dry the rest of the time.  Josh & I could only stay for 2 innings (we had to get cleaned up for Laura & Trammell's wedding).  Liam didn't hit a pitch in those first 2 innings, but apparently he hit a pitch in the 3rd inning, after we left.  Figures.  I think he had fun this year - at one point he said he likes baseball better than tennis (and he LOVES tennis).  It's hard to be sure though, since it started out kind of rough, with him crying anytime he didn't get the ball.  If he would stop crying, he could be a pretty good little baseball player!












No comments: