Monday, June 3, 2013

Wedding Day & Early Anniversary Gifts

On 5/18 after Liam's last baseball game, Josh & I went to a wedding.  We were thinking about it, and I don't think we had been to a wedding in over 5 years - I was pregnant with Liam.  Crazy.  My godmother's son, Trammell, was getting married (he happens to be my mom's godson), and we were lucky enough to have made the cut, because y'all...this was the nicest wedding we had ever been to.  It was black tie optional - Josh just went with a suit, but I got all dressed up in a fancy new dress and we headed out for the night.  Since my mom & Pappy were also going to the wedding, Josh's parents were so awesome & flew in for the weekend to babysit (they were also able to see Liam's last baseball game, which was fun too, since they hadn't gotten to see him play this year).

The wedding was lovely - although we realized after the fact, that Trammell & Laura never got a kiss!  The priest never told them to kiss - bummer!  The reception was at the St. Regis Hotel in Buckhead.  I had never been there before but it was FANCY.  This was also the first wedding I'd ever been to where the bride changed into a different dress for the reception.  I only took my little waterproof camera, which doesn't take great pictures inside, but here are a couple from inside the reception.



The reception started with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.  They had these mini lobster rolls, and I lost count of how many Josh had - he was in heaven!  We took some pictures while we were all cleaned up.



They had a seated dinner with an amazing band.  During dinner, the band played mostly oldies, but then once dinner was over, they busted out the current pop music & party hits.  They were great!  We danced some, but left shortly after 10:00.  We were having a great time, but it had been a long day, and we were getting tired.  We had thought we might stay until they left, but we just couldn't make it.

I did get to wear my anniversary present early though:


Josh gave it to me early because he wanted me to be able to wear it to the wedding.  I was so excited!  So I went ahead & gave him his present early.  I got him a set of ice sphere molds, a pair of nice platinum-rimmed engraved old-fashioned glasses, and a bottle of Jefferson Presidential Select bourbon.  A friend had recommended this as a good alternative to Pappy van Winkle, which is next to impossible to find.  Josh loved his gift as much as I loved mine.  This is a NICE bottle of bourbon.  Let's just say that we won't be mixing it with Coke this fall during football season.  No - this is a bourbon you drink all by itself.  I prefer my bourbon mixed with something, but Josh has already enjoyed a glass of his special bourbon & gave it a thumbs up.  We're still about 2.5 weeks from our anniversary, but we already took our trip, and we've already exchanged gifts - hopefully this doesn't mean that the actual day will be a letdown!

No comments: