Waiting patiently to see if Uncle Ryan can get the stomp rocket out of the tree
On Sunday morning, we woke up super early to hit the road. Since we had to go back to work on Monday, we did not want another midnight arrival. We pulled out around 5:30am. Ugh.
But shortly into the trip, we looked back and saw this...
We passed back through Delaware and Maryland, and decided to head right through DC this time. We had planned to stop and see our friends the Wilkersons in Fredericksburg on our way home. They were sweet enough to have breakfast for us, and we got to meet their twins, Abby and Grace, as well as meet (again) their son Ben. We had met Ben when he was a newborn...but that was about 7.5 years ago.
Capitol Building
Air Force Memorial
The ride home was pretty uneventful. As with the ride up, we had one brief back seat meltdown, but other than that, the boys did GREAT. I won't say I'm ready to make that drive all the time, but they (and I) handled it better than I thought. Hopefully we won't have to wait another almost 3 years before going back.
Gaffney, SC
This crazy car passed us on the road - we just got out of their way...
Home sweet home!!
This last picture is funny. I took it when we stopped for lunch at a Bojangles somewhere in NC. This photo was taken from the outside of the stall...I could be wrong, but the hook is much less useful when mounted on the outside of the door. Lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment