Thursday, June 5, 2008

Not a Very Good Day...

Yesterday was not a very good day. It started in the morning – Zachary woke up on the WRONG side of the bed. He was grumpy and crabby from the start. He didn’t want to get dressed, and then he didn’t want to eat his breakfast at school, and he was just in a BAD mood. I hoped that would all go away when we pulled into the parking lot at his school and saw that they had moonwalks set up. He did seem a little happier when he saw them. I dropped him off and felt like maybe it would be an OK day.

Then I went back later to pick him up – it was so not a good day. One of his teachers said that at naptime he just wasn’t listening and she claims he called her an idiot! I was appalled. And not that I’m trying to make excuses for him because calling someone an idiot is completely unacceptable, BUT, I think probably what happened was he was quoting a line from the movie “Cars”, where the main car says “Crazy Grandpa car! What an idiot!” He said that at home one day and we quickly told him that idiot is not a nice word, but I guess he repeated it anyway. So that’s my guess – because he just normally doesn’t go around calling people names. He will repeat words that he hears, but doesn’t usually call people names. We reviewed (once again) that idiot is not a nice word, even though Lightning McQueen says it in the movie – he should not have said it, and neither should Zachary.

Oh, and did I mention that he also had a potty accident?? His first one in probably 2 months. Because of the accident, he did not get to watch TV (TV is only for days when he is accident-free). So that didn’t make him happy either. He cried all the way out of school and most of the way home. We put him to bed early thinking he was probably REALLY tired (which I know he was), and he proceeded to talk in bed for like an hour (which caused him to lose 2 of his friends out of the bed – this also made him cry even more). Despite the fact that it looks like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed again today, I’m hoping today will be a better day.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

I hope today was a better day. It sounds like Zachary had a "move to Australia" kind of day.

Rebecca said...

What's a "move to Australia" kind of day???

Anonymous said...

I think it's from the children's book "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." It's a cute book. I'm so sorry you've had a rough go at 3 so far. But, we did hear that 3 was the new 2!