OK, so no more complaining about the heat (at least not today!). Wednesday we gave Liam his first rice cereal. I could be remembering this all wrong, but it seems like when Zachary had his first cereal at this age, that he enjoyed it. Liam, on the other hand, did not seem as impressed. I can’t say that I blame him – have you ever tasted the stuff? It’s pretty gross. But then again, formula is pretty nasty too and he drinks that just fine (as long as it is sufficiently warmed – if it is just slightly too cool for him, he won’t drink it). We mixed it kind of thin to make it easier for him to eat, and we put the first bite into his mouth and he made this face like “What in the world are you trying to make me eat?!?!” I couldn’t help but laugh. I’m not even sure if he ate half the bowl (and we didn’t even give him that much to start with). It took forever to feed him, because we had to feed each bite to him about 3 times – he would shove it out with his tongue and it would drip down his chin. We’d catch it a couple of times before it would actually stay in. Then each time it stayed in, he made the funny face. We tried for about 10 minutes, and then we stopped so the rest of us could eat dinner. After dinner, we re-warmed the cereal to see if he would eat any more. He took about 2 bites and then passed out right in the high chair. Poor guy had cereal ALL over his face, but I didn’t want to wake him up by wiping it off. Zachary was cute though – he kept saying, “I want to feed him all by myself!” Cereal attempt #2 last night went much better. We decided to feed him the cereal before his bottle this time, and that seemed to make a difference. He ate it all up and didn’t make nearly as many faces.
I have also discovered that even though it seems like they have worked on last names in Zachary’s class, kids that age don’t call other kids’ parents “Mrs. Whoever” or “Mr. Whoever” – they call them “Zachary’s Mommy” or “Cameron’s Daddy”. They will call you that to your face too. The other day when I got there to pick Zachary up, one of the other kids said, “Hey Zachary’s Mommy – look at this!” It’s pretty funny. Well, Zachary is starting to understand that I am also Liam’s mommy. Yesterday when I got home he said to Liam, “Hey Liam – your mom’s home!” I reminded Zachary that I was his (Zachary’s) mommy too. So later I was playing with Zachary in his room, and he turns to me and said, “Hey Liam’s mommy – do you want to play with my cars?” I told him he could just call me “Mommy”. :) I’m glad he’s understanding that I’m Liam’s mom too but it’s almost like he still doesn’t quite get that I can be 2 people’s mommy at the same time.
September Quotes
2 months ago
4 comments:
Hey Liam's Mommy! :) That is just TOO cute!
I guess from here on out Liam's Mommy or Zachary's Mommy will be your title! So fun about the cereal. That little guy is just growing too fast!
Cute story. He cracks me up.
I seriously love your kid...he is hilarious!! I hope my niece turns out to be as funny as he is!
Post a Comment