Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Funny Signs

Last week I noticed a new sign on the door to Zachary’s classroom. It reads: “Due to allergies, please do not bring any peanut products or peach cobbler into the classroom.” This is obviously because of one of the kids who just moved up, because ever since Zachary has been in that class (since January), there have been no restrictions on food until now. I don’t have any issues with the food restrictions, per se, however, I did question the peach cobbler. I mean, I have never actually heard of an allergy to peach cobbler. Is it just peach cobbler? What about apple cobbler? And why cobbler? Are fresh peaches OK? How about canned peaches? I mean, peach cobbler is just SO specific. I can honestly say that I have never made a peach cobbler in my life, let alone sent some to school with Zachary. Is that a big problem they’ve had? Too many parents sending peach cobbler to school with their kids?? I guess I can scratch that off of my end-of-summer to-do list…no peach cobbler…sad…

Speaking of signs, Josh sent me a text message this morning with a picture that he had taken with his phone of a sign that I assume he saw in or near the bathroom in his office. It reads: “Urinal Flushing Seminar – Thursday 4:00pm”. Seriously? They are having a seminar on urinal flushing?? I have heard of some pretty crazy training classes & seminars offered at different companies (we had phone training when we got new phones a few years back as well as copy machine training when they got new copiers), but I have NEVER heard of a seminar on flushing a urinal, or any other sort of bathroom element. This is nuts. I almost hope he goes so that he can find out why they felt the need to offer a seminar. This reminds me of a sign I found in a bathroom in one of our offices in Germany when I was there for a management class a few years ago. It was sort of a 3 cell cartoon with some text in German, that we had translated by one of the German ladies in the class. In the first picture, there was a lady standing by the toilet, and she was brushing her hair with the toilet brush. The text basically said, “No, that’s not right.” The next cell had her rubbing the brush on her butt, and the text was similar, “No, that’s not right either.” The last cell showed her putting it in the toilet, and the text indicated that was correct. I mean, did they really need a sign to tell you that the toilet brush is not for your hair or butt???

Finally, some sad news. It broke this morning that LeRoi Moore, the sax player in the Dave Matthews Band passed away yesterday from complications resulting from an ATV accident at the end of June. It’s very sad – he was an amazing sax player for my favorite band, and I know DMB fans everywhere will miss him greatly.

7 comments:

Rebecca's Mom said...

Let me know how that seminar works out. :-)

Carrie Davis said...

I just laughed out loud reading your post. I hope you are going to ask about the Peach Cobbler this afternoon at pick up and let us know what that's about...

Mel said...

I just also laughed out loud while reading your post. Those signs are hilarious and I enjoy your commentary! I want him to go to the seminar so bad so we can hear about it!

m said...

Love the urinal seminar esp since Matt and I just discussed yesterday. Apparently while going over points to bring up with the new associates during reviews one of the guys said he did not really work with him too much so no critiques, but asked Matt to tell the guy to start flushing the urinal!

Also, maybe they are getting the waterless urinals that you do not flush. They have those in the new bofa building in new york. Very green!

Meredith said...

Seriously? No peach cobbler? That's bizarre... I could understand peaches... but peach cobbler?

Please tell Josh he MUST go to the seminar, that we're all dying with curiosity!

Mel said...

I saw a sign this morning shaped like a poodle at Starbucks that was advertising a coffee seminar....not as funny as the urinal but a bunch of people hyped up on coffee learning about coffee might be funny!

Merri said...

Oh my gosh - that Peach Cobbler part cracked me up - I am totally laughing my head off! I would love to hear more about that...