Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Rough Morning

When Zachary got out of bed this morning he seemed like he was actually in a good mood (a plus, since normally he is grouchy in the mornings). That is, until we were headed out of the neighborhood on the way to school. All of a sudden I heard him crying in the backseat. I asked him what was wrong, and he says, “Daddy didn’t say goodbyyyyye!” I was puzzled, because Josh DID say goodbye – to both of them. The last time Zachary got upset about this, he thought Josh hadn’t said goodbye to Liam (when he had – Zachary just wasn’t paying attention). But I actually watched him say goodbye to both of them this morning. So I asked him if he wanted me to call Daddy, and he said yes. So I called, but once we got Josh on the phone, Zachary wouldn’t talk. So weird. Then we got to school, and I was making sure that Zachary was all set up with his breakfast before taking Liam to his room. The assistant teacher in Zachary’s class was already there – she’s not normally there yet when he’s eating breakfast (it’s usually a different teacher), so I guess she wasn’t clued in on Zachary’s breakfast protocol, but apparently she thought he had said he wanted his yogurt poured out of the container onto his plate. Wrong. As soon as I saw her start to pour the yogurt, I thought, “Uh oh – here goes our morning…” Yep – I was right. He burst into tears. Meanwhile, when she realized that he did not want the yogurt poured out, she got a spoon and was trying to scoop it back into the container to make him stop crying. I felt so bad for her…then she had to get him a new plate that didn’t have yogurt all over it. Usually he stops crying pretty quickly when there is a breakfast snafoo, but he cried for a while this morning. Don’t know what exactly the issue was – she apologized, but I guess you just do not mess around when it comes to his food. So what I thought was going to be my first day of this week being on time for work, was not so much, once I had to stay there to make sure Zachary was calmed down from the yogurt incident.

Then I got to work, and at 10:00, there was a “celebration” in our cafeteria, celebrating our 101st anniversary. The Senior VP of Human Resources got up there and said, “It’s August 28, it’s a Friday, and it’s Founder’s Day!” You could hear the murmuring make its way through the room, because, as we all knew, today is in fact NOT Friday…it’s Thursday. I don’t think he ever realized his mistake, but I had a brief glimmer of hope that maybe in honor of 101 years we would all get a free day off tomorrow. Wishful thinking in a big way. After the presentations, the CEO got up and said, “Even though it’s Founder’s Day, I have bad news. Even though Allen [Sr. VP of HR] thinks today is Friday, it’s actually Thursday, and tomorrow is a work day.” BOOOOOOO!!!! Oh well.

Speaking of “BOOOOOOO”, Josh is very excited about football starting this weekend (I am too, but on a totally different level than he is). The “BOOOOOOO” reference is because he is a fan of most Philadelphia sports – primarily the Eagles & Philles. Let’s just say that the Eagles fans are not always the nicest ones. From what I have heard, they will boo anyone and everyone, including the Frisbee dog, the March of Dimes kid, and Santa Claus. SANTA CLAUS??? How do you boo Santa Claus? (and the March of Dimes kid - that is just LOW...) Anyway, so we are finally getting HD hooked up on Sunday. I know – we’re behind the times, but honestly, we didn’t have a TV that would support HD (at least not a very good one) until last November, and by then football was practically over, and there was no 24, so there was no big hurry to get it. But now that football is starting, HD was moved to the top of our priority list. Josh had wanted it installed by the “start of college football” – which I guess is technically tonight, but I think he was thinking Saturday. Well, the earliest DirecTV could come out is Sunday. He BOOOOOO’ed that too because it means we won’t have HD in time for the Saturday games. I don’t know why that matters – we’ll be at the Georgia game anyway. Which, speaking of that – wish us luck getting there. Zachary & Liam will already be awake (and not napping) when we will need to leave the house. I predict a pretty big meltdown when we leave and Zachary realizes we are going to the football game without him. He’s going next week with us (and Liam too), but he is not going to be happy that he isn’t going this week.

4 comments:

Drena said...

At least most meltdowns don't last that long when you are 3!

Meredith said...

Sorry you had a bad morning! And hopefully SAturday won't be too harry getting out of the house. I do have to admit, I'm excited that we're going!!! :)

Carrie Davis said...

You are gonna LOVE, LOVE having HD. You'll never be able to watch a non-HD TV again! We were pretty behind the times getting it too...we just got it last year. We are headed to the game on Saturday sans Charlotte - where are your seats? Do you have to have a ticket for Liam?

Rebecca said...

Carrie - our seats are in section 123 row 36. We'd love to see you! Meredith & Chris will be sitting with us tomorrow too. They say that even babies need a ticket, but I know people who have brought infants in without one. We will not take our chances next week though - we already have 4 season tickets, so we'll just plan on using the 4th one for Liam (it's hard to sell 1 ticket anyway...)