This is one of Zachary’s new favorite things. He LOVES it. Problem is, he’s not very good at it. I’m thinking that it’s probably just his age – at least, that’s what I’m hoping. When it’s his turn to hide, sometimes he will tell you where he’s going to hide. We have to remind him not to tell us where he’s hiding, or else that spoils the game. If he doesn’t tell us where he’s hiding, then when we call out “Ready or not here I come!” he starts laughing – out loud – from his hiding place. Yesterday he was hiding from me and as soon as I finished counting I knew where he was hiding without even looking for him, based on where the laughter was coming from. Then when it’s our turn to hide, he will give us suggestions on where we can hide. We usually find our own hiding place, but the first place he looks is usually the place he was just hiding in. And…when it’s back to his turn to hide, he will often hide in the same place Josh or I was just hiding in. It’s pretty silly, but he loves it. It is hard explaining rules & strategy to a 3-year-old.
Yesterday I asked Zachary if he had a good day at school. He looked me in the eyes, and in a very serious tone, he told me, “Mommy, we have some bad news. Cameron tried to pull down my pants and then I fell over.” As I was asking him why Cameron had tried to pull down his pants, he continued, “And we have more bad news. William wouldn’t share his lawn mower with me and that is not good.” He was so serious about it all – it was very cute. I felt bad for him because Cameron & William are his buddies. I don’t think he’s holding any grudges though. He was telling me this morning that he’s going to save the last Diego yogurt to show Cameron when he comes over to our house. That would be fine, except the last Diego yogurt expires on 11/11, and Cameron isn’t coming over until 11/15…we told Zachary we would buy more Diego yogurt before Cameron comes over. Speaking of yogurt, Zachary sure does love his yogurt. Is it possible for a kid to eat too much yogurt? Most days he has at least 1 thing of yogurt. Many days he has 2, and he has been known to have as many as 3 on some weekend days.
Even though having another baby in the house has made me realize how much I missed the baby days, I do love it when they start being able to get around by themselves. It is so much fun watching them figure out how to explore. Liam has really begun going everywhere now that he is an expert crawler. For the longest time I thought he was going to skip crawling altogether, but he decided to try it after all. He reminds me of that picture Carrie posted a while back of Charlotte. One minute he’s in the kitchen. Next minute he’s by his toy basket. Next minute he’s in the corner by Zachary’s toys. He just loves his new independence. Of course I do miss the days when he was content to just snuggle with me all day, but he still likes to snuggle when he’s sleepy, and that’s fine with me.
September Quotes
2 months ago
2 comments:
I love how Zachary is happy with the simple things in life. I can't wait to be reminded of them through Oliver. You really have a great little family.
It really is amazing how very simple things delight them. He gets VERY excited if we give him 1 M&M! I mean, ONE?? :) But he is totally happy with something even that small. Sometimes I think I can learn a lot from them.
Post a Comment