Thursday, October 23, 2008

I've Been Tagged!


Well, Merri tagged me, so here goes – 7 random facts about myself.

1. I was so excited when we got our dog back in early 2004. I always wanted a dog when I was little, but our house wasn’t very big, and we didn’t have a really good back yard for a dog, so we were cat people. Josh & I named our dog Herschel - what else would we name him? :)

2. Boys are more fun than I think I thought they would be! I was a little scared about having boys - I don't know anything about little boys! But, like anything else, I've learned along the way, and really, when it comes down to it, they are kids. They are still fun to play with and listen to, and snuggle with. I still do not like bugs and dirt, but I have been able to experience things that I don’t think I would have ever experienced if we had girls (such as Day Out with Thomas and Touch-A-Truck). Having 2 boys has been fun also because I have enjoyed being able to dress them in matching/coordinating clothes while they are still little – because I know I won’t be able to get away with that forever! And it seems that many of my good friends also have boys, so it means lots of little buddies for them to play with (the odds won't be so good when they reach dating age though...guess we have a while on that).

3. I don’t like seafood. Any kind. If it comes out of the water, don’t try & make me eat it because I won’t. Land animals are the only kind allowed on my plate.

4. I love my red Jeep. My last car was red too, and it is so much fun driving around in a red car.

5. I have traveled in 4 of the 7 continents – Asia, South America, and Antarctica are the ones I’ve never been to. My favorite places visited include: Bora Bora, Australia, Italy, France, Russia, Alaska, and Hawaii. I usually enjoy most places I get to visit, but these stand out at the top.

6. I hate election time because of all the political ads – politics bore me to tears, and it is just made worse when the candidates feel the need to bash their opponent in order to make themselves feel better. Why can’t they just run a friendly ad telling us why they are better for the job? I do go vote when the time comes, but don’t expect to find me watching debates or following all the coverage on news sites & channels.

7. The 2nd toe on both of my feet is longer than my big toe. I’ve heard this means I have a dominant personality. I don’t know if that’s true or not. It’s not just a smidge longer either – it’s quite a bit longer. Maybe I just have freaky feet, who knows. At least I don’t have webbed toes like a couple of people I’ve met – that’s way weirder! (if any of you have webbed toes, they are beautiful!)

Now, on to tag 7 more people.
5. Meredith (sorry - I know Merri already got you...but I don't know any other people with blogs!)
6. Amanda (ditto)
7. Anyone else who wants to be tagged! I'm still new to blogging so I haven't built up an army of blogging friends yet.

2 comments:

Drena said...

cool! Learned a few new things about you!!

m said...

me too! Thanks for doing that Rebecca, I had no idea some of those things (ie, thoughts on boys and your traveling and the toe thing...).

Also, just realized you tagged me. Will work on it tomorrow.