Yesterday after we got home from work, we were out in the backyard. The little boy who lives next door (Devin) and the little girl who lives on the other side of Devin (Ella) were outside in Devin’s yard. They called Zachary over, so he went to play with them. Ella just turned 5, and Devin just turned 4. They delight in the fact that Zachary is “only 3.” Actually, Devin delights in it more than Ella does (the funny thing is, based on their birthdays, Zachary & Devin would start kindergarten at the same time – I don’t know how well that’s going to go over with Devin yet…we’ll find out in 2 years). Anyway, yesterday Devin proclaimed that he is going to be Spiderman for Halloween. Zachary excitedly told him that he is going to be Spiderman for Halloween too. Devin then informed Zachary that his Spiderman costume is bigger than Zachary’s. Uh, yeah, OK. One time the 3 of them were in our yard on the playset. The playset has a little rock climbing wall up one side. At the time, Ella was 4, Devin was 3, and Zachary was 2. Devin told me that only 4-year-olds and 3-year-olds were allowed on the rock wall. Says who?? It’s Zachary’s playset! I told him that Zachary was perfectly capable of climbing the rock wall all by himself – despite the fact that he was ONLY 2.
Finally, who loves the Dodgers?! Ugh! Thanks to them, I now have to pay up on the bet. The thing that stinks about a bet like this is that I had absolutely ZERO control over my success or failure in the bet. Not really fair (at least when you lose…), but it’s our bet, so I suppose I will have to pay up. I hope this doesn’t mean that I will actually be expected to watch the World Series though – I think I have some socks that need folding instead.
September Quotes
2 months ago
3 comments:
Not sure what is up with that, but it does seem pretty common. One day everything is fine and the next you hear one telling another who is barely any younger (and possibly even bigger then they are) that they are too little to do something. Probably just trying to big themselves, and in order for them to be big, someone has to be little.
Good luck with cannot wait to see Zachary as Spiderman.
You'll have to do LOTS of laundry and maybe even fain an illness so you won't have to watch... GO Tampa Bay (hopefully!)
Boy, they start at a younger age with the whole "Mine's bigger than your's" stuff :) I be Zachary will look much cuter :)
Post a Comment